WW 2 Deaths site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW 2 Deaths site?

Is there a site I an look up a name of someone who died in WW2?

:: CWGC ::

Comment

there is alink on the wiki World War Two - Family Tree Forum

also www.cwgc.org
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Thank you, Mary and Jean, got a hit first time.
        Would Bari War Cementary be in Italy

James

Comment

From the CWGC site
          CWGC :: Cemetery Details
          Elaine

Comment

Yes, it's in the south of Italy.

Comment

Alos try this site, which is gradually photographing every individual grave:
              War Grave and Memorial Photographs supplied by The War Graves Photographic Project
              Last edited by Mavis by the Moor; 18-06-08, 18:48.
              Mavis
              Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

The CWGC site usually has photos of the cemetery - and even the grave if it's isolated.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for posting this question, James - thanks to the easy link, I looked up my Mum's brother on it - bingo!

Wouldn't have considered looking for him, otherwise. Wish they were all that simple.

Bee.
                  Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
                  COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Bee, I am so glad it was of help, I found the same thing, a hit first time also so thanks again to all who posted links.

Comment

Working...
                    X