Ireland deaths 1984+ are they on Ancestry Worldwide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland deaths 1984+ are they on Ancestry Worldwide

UK Ancestry has details of deaths subsequent to 1984 easily available with dates of birth etc. I was wondering if Ancestry Wordwide has the same information for Ireland as I am interested in trying to find one

I'm 99.9% certain they don't, but I don't have the Worldwide Ancestry sub, so maybe I shouldn't be commenting!

As far as I'm aware, the only online Irish GRO records are those on Family Search which are late 1870's to early 1880's (from memory)

Comment

Colin, the reason why those records are available on various sites for England and Wales is that our GRO systems were computerised in 1984 and the GRO has decided to allow those sites a licence to use the databases.

I don't think the Irish system has been computerised yet, and the indexes for the 20th century are not available online.

This link should take you to some documents about the modernisation they are doing:
      The General Register Office - GRO Project
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Colin

Very little Irish BMD and parish records are on Ancestry as you will discover when you start researching Irish ancestors. Irish tracing is kept very close to Ireland. You can obtain Catholic Irish BMD from 1864 onwards (slightly earlier for Protestant marriages) through either Dublin GRO or Roscommon. Belfast have records for Northern Ireland only from 1922. Prior to 1922 they have records back to 1864 for all Ireland. Similarly Dublin/Roscommon have only records for Southern Ireland/Eire/Republic of Ireland since 1922 but prior to 1922 had records for all Ireland same as Belfast. Dublin GRO have the main records whilst Roscommon have the digitised online records for which you have to apply, completing a form. I understand you have to pay by Euro which is a nuisance but can be overcome.

Janet

Comment

Thank you all for your replies.
          I was informed that someone had died many years back and I was hoping to find out if it was true or not....then realised that information similar to UK may be available for Ireland...............now I know
          Cheers
          Colin

Comment

Working...
          X