William Norman marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Norman marriage

I know there are discs that some people have where you can get info on deaths, as in what age the person was if it is before the date it comes on line on Free BMDs. Sorry to sound so vague, I don't know what these discs are called:o

Is there something similar for marriages?

I have William NORMAN b1851, Ely. His wife was called Sally and after William died she married again to a John Smith. Her obit calls her SALLY ANDERSON SMITH. So far, so good.

William and Sally have the MIL living with them in Littleport in 1881 and 1871 - She is named as SARAH HUDSON/HATSAH so I'm guessing her husband died and she married again because in 1861 I have got Sally ANDERSON living in Littleport with her parents JOHN and SARAH ANDERSON. In 1851 they are mistrans as ANDSON but still living in Black Horse Drove Littleport (and Sally is down as Sarah so I guess Sally and Sarah are interchangeable?).

there is a marriage on freeBMD Dec 1870 Downham where there is a
    NORMAN William
    KIRBY Sally Anderson

Could this be them? Going back to the start of the (long and garbled ....) thread - is there a marriage disc thingy that might have more info?

btw, there is a KIRKBY family living in Black Horse Drove Littleport in 1841 - looks like dad and kids, one of which is Sarah aged 20. No Andersons living on the street though.

Thanks for any suggestions...
    Rose

Oh, haven't we done something on this before.......I remember it all vaguely!

Comment

Wasn't it that John and Sarah Anderson were not married when Sally was born? Was Sarah Anderson's maiden name Kirby or Kirkby, or whatever????

Comment

OMG! Sorry, have I asked for this before?!

It is poss that John and Sarah were not married when Sally was born, but I can't find a John Anderson and Sarah Kirby marriage.
        Rose

Comment

*goes to look through PMs incase something is in there*
          Rose

Comment

That's right....here's her birth:

Name: Sarah Anderson Kirkby
            Year of Registration: 1848
            Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
            District: Ely
            County: Cambridgeshire, Norfolk
            Volume: 14
            Page: 77

and here's the marriage in the same Q

Marriages Mar 1848
            ANDERSON John Ely 14 81 <<<<<<<<<<<<<
            Brown John Stamford 14 81
            Cave John Ely 14 81
            HARLEY Thomas Ely 14 81
            Harwood Eliza Ely 14 81
            KIRKBY Sarah Ely 14 81 <<<<<<<<<<<<<
            Webb Elizabeth Ely 14 81

Comment

Merry, I am SO sorry! Here is where you told me all about it before (I have gone and 'discovered' most of this for myself today!!!) *smacks self round the head*

Think I must have air on the brain. Please forgive. Must be my age ...
              Rose

Comment

Don't you worry! lol

I'm quite chuffed I remembered it! lol (I can't seem to recall much that's present day......pmsl!)

Comment

Happy to keep you on your toes lol.

Will print it out now and put with the file so as not to ask AGAIN!!

*watch this space for RO lookup request...*
                  Rose

Comment

lol Did you ever find Sarah Kir(k)by's second marriage after Mr Anderson? (or can't you remember??? :D)

Comment

Isn't it time you had another 1/4 birthday:(:p

(No, I didn't find it btw, the Hudson one, neither can I find John Anderson's death, not on BMD anyway. It/they may be on Ancestry but I have spent too long on there traaaaaaawling for other Normans today.)

Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie Knees View Post

Isn't it time you had another 1/4 birthday:(:p

Not for another 13 days :D

Comment

I don't think there are any disks with info from the BMD indexes, Rosie. If there are disks where people find out age at death then they must be burial indexes rather than death indexes. There are certainly various disks with marriages on, taken from church registers, and although they tend to concentrate on pre-1837 ones there must be some after 1837 - you would be best to see if the local FHS for the county or area has any.
                          Also don't forget that quite a few counties have local BMD sites now which often have extra info in their indexes that you don't get on the GRO ones, for instance most of them tell you who the spouse was in a marriage all the way through from 1837.
                          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kate, I think it was the burial indexes I was referring to initially.
                            Rose

Comment

Working...
                            X