Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for a marraige

Morning

When searching for a marriage, was there a time when you could use the mother's maiden name on the search or am I thinking of another search?

Thank you

Do you mean a marriage, or perhaps a birth?

Mother's maiden name is in the English/Welsh indexes from 1912, but depending where the child was born, some local BMD sites have mmn for earlier years.

Comment

I think I have got in a muddle, I did mean to be able to identify the Bride's parents searching online to eliminate marraiges, but I think I have got confused with births, unless you tell me differently!

Comment

If you mean England and Wales marriages, then the bride's father (not mother) is recorded on the certificate but not in the indexes.

Comment

Is the father's name available as a search field on any of the online searches available, i.e. ancestry, findmy past, free bmd?

Thanks

Comment

I think you need to tell us what you are looking for!!! lolol

(annswer to your Q is NO!!)

Comment

I am trying to find a marriage between Emily Beaumont b 1891 to ????? She was born/lived in the Hackey,Hoxton area of London. I know nothing about this new Aunt I have found. Her father's name was William John Beaumont. Thank you for the offer of help. I have one marraige in 1924 but as I don't know who she married this proves a little difficult other than getting the certificate, which I will do unless I can come up with an online method of searching to check out the father's name. Thanks

Comment

Erm, are you sure this isn't her death?

Deaths Sep 1891
                Beaumont Emily aged 0 Hackney 1b 280

Unless you have found her somewhere other than with her parents in 1901, as she isn't with them (I haven't looked). Also, she is the only baby with this name on the 1891 in Hackney district.

Comment

No definitely not her death as she was a witness on my grandfather's marraige to my grandmother! Phew had me in a panic there!

Comment

interestingly she is not on 1901 with the remainder of the family, nor can I find her on her own or with others at the moment. Grandparent's marriage was 1913.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill D View Post
                      No definitely not her death as she was a witness on my grandfather's marraige to my grandmother! Phew had me in a panic there!

Interesting, as there are no other births for an Emily Beaumont in the London area in the year before that death - most of them are in Yorkshire!

Comment

How do you know who the marriage witness is? Had their mother died/remarried by 1913?

Comment

Maybe in error I have assumed that "the" Emily Beaumont on the marraige certificate as a witness is my grandfather's sister, but perhaps its his mother, that has only just come to me after reading your email. Interestinly on the 1891 census RG12/190 it shows Emily as what look likes 4 months and her sister Harriet as 7 months! Harriet was 1899 and Emily 1891 with William who is elsewhere with his grandother on the census in 1901 being born in 1892.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill D View Post
                            Interestinly on the 1891 census RG12/190 it shows Emily as what look likes 4 months and her sister Harriet as 7 months!

The enumerator can't have been concentrating! lol I expect the 7 was a 2 on the original form and then he copied the months part onto both lines in errror!

Comment

Working...
                            X