Email a Movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email a Movie?

I have a few frames of movie film taken on my basic digital camera.
    The frames are only just seconds long. Is it possible to email them to a friend so that they too can see the movie?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

I guess you would have to upload it to your computer and then send it as an attachment, but it would need to be in a format that is compatible with whatever software they are going to use to view it, Margaret.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

KiteRunner,
      I think it is all too complicated for me I will put it on a flash pen and show it to my friend later in the year. Thank you so much.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Windows Media Player will possibly play the clips. My digicam uses mpg to record vids (v.basic digicam) and WMP reads them fine hope this helps

Comment

Phantom666,

No problem playing them my friend in the USA has asked me to email them to her and that is the problem. Is it possible, do they need to be resized etc. The folder 130mb in size with six images in it.

Thank you for your interest.
          Margaret N

Comment

are the emails going through to you friend if not it could be the size of the email try compressing it (winzip?) or try the sugestions at ask-leo.com/why_cant_i_email_this_movie.html might work

Comment

Hi Margaret,

Mailing such big files can be problematic, as e-mail providers often have size limits for attachments. Instead of sending by e-mail, you could also use a site like YouSendIt - Send large files - transfer delivery - FTP Replacement where you upload the file and your friend is sent a link through which she can download it.
              Files of up to 100 MB in size can be sent for free, and larger size limits (up to 2 GB) are available by paid subscription.
              Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah, Thank you for the information and have to confess that I did not realize that it was such a big file. These days people talk in GB and TB that 130mb seems very small. I will keep note of your information for future use.
                Hope all is well with you.
                Margaret N

Comment

Working...
                X