Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1901: (newlyish) weds can you spot them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1901: (newlyish) weds can you spot them?

marriages 1899 Oct-Nov-Dec Shoreditch

Emily Harriett Casbard
    John Edward A Cummings
    Thomas Robert Featherstone
    Mary Ann Porter

I want to know who Miss Casbard married - she was registered as Harriet Emily Casbard at birth, but is down as Emily in 1891.

I can't find her or either of her likely husbands!
    Last edited by Little Nell; 03-08-08, 19:28.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

When and where was Ms Casbard born?
    Elaine

Comment

There is a tree on Ancestry which says Mr Featherstone married Ms Porter!
      Elaine

Comment

From freeBMD looks as if John Cummings was probably born 1877 Shoreditch reg district - if that helps with the searching!
        Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 15-06-08, 18:05.
        Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine. Harriet/Emily's birth was registered 1st q 1879 in St Luke's, London.

Comment

Can't see anything for them in 1901 - sorry!
            Elaine

Comment

Thank you for looking anyway.

I think they might have emigrated!

Comment

Sorry Nell, no luck either. I have a lot of folk hiding in 1901. Pah.
                Asa

Comment

Pah, indeed!

Comment

I can't find them on 1901 although there is a John and Emily Collins in Bethnal Green with the right ages and a 1 month old son.

There are 4 Cummings mmn Casbard children all registered Shoreditch between 1913 and 1920 so it looks as though they stayed in the area.

Jackie
                    Jackie

Comment

I had a look too - and put in a correct for the alleged "Barpenter" family - Carpenter, with curly-script C, of course! and for the "Craubourne" couple - who should be "Cranbourne"; and the "Arsstin" family who should be "Austin".

But I didn't see yours.

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                        I can't find them on 1901 although there is a John and Emily Collins in Bethnal Green with the right ages and a 1 month old son.

Jackie
                        There's a birth for a Charles George COLLINS 1901 q1 Shoreditch, and a marriage set in 1898 q1 in Shoreditch which includes John COLLINS and Emily BURROWS, so I suspect that this tempting family isn't the one.

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I think I may have found them...

RG13/272 fo 6 p 3

But without the CUMMINGS - just using the A of his name, by the look of it - as ANDREWS.
                          He's John E - 23 - ??? Mens Brass Cutler - born Hoxton
                          She's Emily H - 22 - b St Lukes

Christine

Comment

Thank you Christine,

off to look

Comment

Night Owl

Thanks for looking too.

Comment

Christine

When I saw the image I thought his occupation was "men's bra cutler"!

Comment

Odd. No registration for John Andrews, and I can't find either John Andrews OR John Cummings born 1878ish in Hoxton in 1891.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                                    Christine

When I saw the image I thought his occupation was "men's bra cutler"!
                                    I have to say that I thought it looked a bit like that, too!

But have a look at:
                                    1881 RG11/391 fo 53 p 20

Christine

Comment

The parents' marriage appears to be 1876 q3 Bethnal Green - but it's difficult to know which of the brides to choose! Using CUMMINS (no G).

Christine

Comment

Oooh, Elizabeth - I think this confirms the right chap - same addy and same occupation as his father:

102 Provost St
                                        Jno.E.A. CUMMINS Head M Male 29 Shoreditch Brace Cutter (...Gds)
                                        Elizabeth CUMMINS Wife M Female 29 Shoreditch Infant Boot Maker
                                        Jno.E.A. CUMMINS Son U Male 3 Shoreditch
                                        Elizabeth CUMMINS Dau Male 1 Shoreditch

Comment

Working...
                                        X