Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone read this cause of death please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone read this cause of death please?

I can see chronic ? nephritis and then ? sclerosis can anyone work out the missing words?
    Lynn

Chronic interstitial nephritis

Arterio sclerosis

OC

Comment

Wow, that was quick, thanks OC. I will just have to see what that means now. her husband had also died of nephritis, I wonder if it was catching?
      Lynn

Comment

Lynn

My mum had chronic interstitial nephritis and the cause in her case was long term use of painkillers and possibly by antibiotics too. (She had rheumatoid arthritis)

It can also be caused by infection, so I would imagine in that case it could be "catching" between a married couple.

OC

Comment

Right, thanks. They did die a few years apart, so their deaths may not have been connected, but they both died quite young, which is sad. She was 51 & he was 45.
          Lynn

Comment

Doesn't it also say something like 'arteris sclerosis'?
            Looks like there are two causes of death- they are preceded by the letters a and b

Suppose it's arterial sclerosis - think that's what's commonly known as 'hardening of the arteries'.
            Last edited by taffyfrog; 14-06-08, 18:09.
            CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

Arteriosclerosis is hardening of the arteries and is fairly common in older people. I'm intrigued by the "chronic" bit of the other cause. Chronic means the situation is static, and not getting worse or better, so it shouldn't in theory kill you. My gt gt grandfather died of "chronic laryngitis" which was certified by a doctor, but since it means he had a permanent sore throat, its a fairly useless idea of what he died of. I can only guess maybe he had throat cancer.
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Nell

I think the doctor in this case has used "chronic" as opposed to "acute", in the sense that she had had the condition for ages and had finally succumbed to it.

It is extremely painful and I suppose it eventually affects the kidney function to the point where it kills you.

OC

Comment

I guess so.

Comment

Her husband's cert also said Chronic nephritis & cerebral apoplexy. He died in 1926 & she died 6 years later.
                    Lynn

Comment

Cerebral apoplexy is posh talk for a stroke.

Comment

Thanks Nell, so he died of a stroke & kidney problems & she died of kidney problems & hardening of the arteries. Very sad
                        Lynn

Comment

Yes, death certs are often grim reading, aren't they? Daft, because as my son pointed out cheerfully when I was sobbing over one "you KNOW all these people are dead!"

Comment

yes, but some people just don't understand, do they?
                            Lynn

Comment

Working...
                            X