This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surge Protectors

Have any of you who have surge-protectors ever had any problems with your computer since having one? I have had one for about a year now and since fitting it have had a problem with my pc switching itself off just as it is firing up to start - even before the monitor has lit up. It has got steadily worse sometimes, like today, not being able to get it to come on all day. Have removed the surge-protector and everything is now fine. Is it essential to have one of these? Could the surge-protector have been the problem and, if so, why?
    Stella passed away December 2014

That's odd - I have one, and it's never caused any problems with my computer.

Comment

We have one on all our PCs and never had any problems. Have you had a surge perhaps that has damaged the surge protector? If so you would need to buy another one.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Mary and Wendy. We have had a couple of power cuts since I connected the surge protector a year or so ago, so perhaps you are right Wendy and it has been damaged. It is all guesswork at the moment that it could be the surge-protector that has been causing the problem as it seems odd that the computer came on without any problem as soon as I disconnected it. I shall just have to wait and see if I am right. If so, will invest in another surge protector.

Comment

Suggest you invest in a new surge connector now - before the next power surge, or storm damages your pc etc.

Comment

Update - have re-connected the surge-protector now because the problem has started again with it disconnected. Computer is going away shortly for a check-up.

Comment

Working...
            X