Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shropshire PR's & BVRI

Good afternoon everyone

I've got a couple of queries with regard to PR's and BVRI for Shropshire.

Has anyone got the PR's for Shropshire if so do they cover the following parishes:

Madeley, Kemberton, Little Dawley, Dawley Magna & Brosley areas ?

If so can I enquire where you got them from?

Also if anyone has the BVRI set, again do they cover the above parishes?

I only ask, to save wasting money buying them if they aren't covered, but on the other hand if they are, I'll gladly purchase them to save me a 400+ mile round trip to Shropshire.

Thanks

L

This site shows coverage of the BIVRI
    Genoot Library - British Isles Vital Record Index Breakdown

Click on the blue county names to see parishes and time periods covered.
    Elaine

Comment

You can purchase either Microfiche or Photocopy Transcription (sometimes they are only available in one format) from the Shropshire Family History Society from here:

I've not checked details for all the areas you mentioned but Broseley seems to be well covered and the prices are reasonable.

I visit the Archives here regularly and will check or verify anything for you if you need it.

Allie
      Researching Betton, Cook/Cooke, Fallows, Howell, Jones, Lewis, Morgan, Rogers, Weston. All in Shropshire.

Richards in Denbighshire.

Comment

Thanks Elaine/Wilf

I've had a look at both the BIVRI/LHS contents and they both appear to miss the years I'm interested in.

However if you do come across a certain John Adlington (Addington, Alderton, Adlinton etc.) born abt 1824/5 in Kemberton, I'd like to know who his parents were.

I had a contact on GR when I first started (a couple of years ago) who supplied me with some info, which now I'm doubting as I can't seem to find any evidence (the contact has long gone).

The info I was given that John's mother and father were a Thomas Adlington and Susannah Hilton, however I can't find any record of that.

I have John's details fully documented from 1841 on, but not before.
        Anyway as I said if you do come across him on your travels please give me a shout.

Regards

L

Comment

I'll have a look next time I go L,
          I am hoping to get there one day this week

regards
          Allie
          Researching Betton, Cook/Cooke, Fallows, Howell, Jones, Lewis, Morgan, Rogers, Weston. All in Shropshire.

Richards in Denbighshire.

Comment

Thanks Allie

Comment

Working...
            X