Anyone want a bit of searching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want a bit of searching?

Ive received a pm from someone on GR who seems to have spoken to me in the past but I cant remember the ins and outs and nor can I find the original thread and she doesnt appear to know how to bring the thread up despite several mails to her SO, if anyone wants a bit of mind stimulating, the facts are, from what I can gather

We are looking for an Beatrice Alice Salter born 1897 in Bristol in the 1901. Apparently on her marriage cert (no date sorry) dad is Albert Henry Salter a cab driver deceased. Poster was told that the mum was an Alice.

Poster now has birth cert for a Beatrice Alice Salter born 1897 Bristol showing mum as Maria Dimsdale. Her father still says mum was an Alice.

I had a look for them on the 1901 but cant see the right combination. I have found a family in Bristol in the 1891 dad a groom, (which fits really), wife a Maria and a son Albert aged 3 and half (very accurate!) Sorry, I havent got all this stuff now to put on here. I remember dad was in his late thirties and mum a lot younger.

Basically can anyone find a Beatrice born 1897 Bristol in the 1901 with a dad called Albert (though he could be dead I guess) and a mum called Maria or Alice.

MANY THANKS.
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 12-06-08, 15:53.

So this is the one she bought:

Births Dec 1897
    SALTER Beatrice Alice Bedminster 5c 605

And there's no Salter/Dimsdale marriage on freeBMD to give us a clue as to ages of the parents of that one, in order to help find them!

I wonder how she knows where her Beatrice was born??

Comment

Do you have the 1891 reference Heather.
      Elaine

Comment

Found it RG12; Piece: 1960; Folio 83; Page 24; GSU
        Son Albert 3 months, not 3 and a half.
        Elaine

Comment

same family in 1901
          RG13; Piece: 2361; Folio: 114; Page: 27.
          with daughter Beatrice - aged 13 on transcription - will check image
          Elaine

Comment

This Maria fits from TNA 1901:

Maria Salter aged 36 born London living Bristol Bristol

Can't get her on Ancestry yet!

Comment

Beatrice's age does look like 13, but it could just be a squiggle on the page!
              From the order of children listed it would appear she is younger than Albert.
              Name mistranscribed on Ancestry as Selter
              Elaine

Comment

Well done Elaine.

Maybe Maria died/left and he was with an Alice later, or maybe an assumption was made about her name because of dau's middle name?

Comment

I thik the age was written as 13, but just should be 3.

So, were Maria and Albert not married??

Comment

Heather, maybe you could ask your contact who the marriage witnesses were for Beatrice and her OH?

Comment

Maria Dimsdale in 1881 with right age and birthplace (such as it is!)

RG11; Piece: 2502; Folio: 126; Page: 23

Comment

Could she also check the surname Dimsdale on the certificate.
                        There is no birth showing for a Mar* Dimsdale, c1865/1869
                        Elaine

Comment

Many thanks guys

I cant remember a lot of the stuff Merry, it must be a couple of months since this person first contacted me over on there as I appear to have given her stuff census and freebmd - she isnt erm, very communicative - basically Ive told her three times now that I cant remember what the gist was and three times she has sent me the same pm :( So I thought just going from what she put in the pm try to find the girl in 1901 to settle it.

Many thanks for helping out. I will credit FTF with the goods.
                          Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 12-06-08, 15:55.

Comment

Oh well done Merry - didn't see that!
                            Elaine

Comment

Working...
                            X