Help with an Irish Marriage Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with an Irish Marriage Please

I'm trying to find the date and location of a marriage in Ireland (possibly Dublin) for William Fulham (age 18) and Annie McLeonard around 1930.
    I have details of the birth of their daughter born 12 August 1934 in Tallaght Dublin.
    Thanks
    Tom
    Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 12-06-08, 14:04. Reason: removed name of potentially living person

I'm going to have to remove their daughter's name as I guess she may well still be living, and we don't allow the details of living people to be posted on this site without their permission.

I don't think her exact name is necessary in any case.

In a sec I'll try and get the details you need to apply for a cert.

Comment

The Irish GRO indexes are not online anywhere, I'm afraid.

You will need to apply to the General Register Office in the Irish Republic. The address of that office is: Registrar General, Joyce House, 8-11 Lombard Street East, Dublin 2 (Telephone 003531 671 1000)

If you are able to access an LDS Family History Centre, then The LDS Church also has microfilmed copies of civil registration in Ireland up to 1958 (Ireland) and 1959 (NIR), so you could try to get the index refs yourself.

Comment

There are some Dublin marriages online but they don't go as far as 1930 - most of them go up to 1899.
        Swords Historical Society - North County Dublin Genealogical Centre
        Dun Laoghaire Heritage Society - South County Dublin Genealogical Centre

So for 1930, as Merry says, you would need to apply to the Irish GRO with the details that you have, or go to an LDS centre to look at the indexes.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Sorry, forgot to put in link for GRO Ireland:
          The General Register Office Ireland :: An tSeirbhís um Chlárú Sibhialta
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I see it has a different address now, so ignore the one I posted!

Comment

Working...
            X