Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to move toolbars on desk top - they have gone awry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to move toolbars on desk top - they have gone awry...

Good morning. This is a new one for me and not responding to dragging them down to bottom of destop where they were.

I accidentally clicked on something and now this screen is not fully on desktop as long blue column on right side with date and all the little icons like showing online etc at bottom. At top is the icon for start and programmed. Top of this screen is the spelling etc. Oh gawd...

I know it will be simple...please advise...Thanks Liz
    Liz

Hi Liz

Do you mean the taskbar that most people have along the bottom? If so, is it locked? If it is, you need to unlock it first (right click on it and untick the "Lock the taskbar" bit). You should then be able to click and drag it and relock it in position.

Jackie
    Jackie

Comment

Thanks Night Owl...just got called away. Will try now. Liz

No...right click shows an option to Lock the Taskbar and it is unticked. Liz

Jackie...I've clicked Hide the toolbar so it's gone altogether...will go and have another explore. Liz
      Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 12-06-08, 11:55.
      Liz

Comment

Are you right click and dragging or left click? It should be left click

Jackie
        Jackie

Comment

Put your cursor on the vertical task bar. Hold the left mouse button down and drag the task bar down to the bottom of the screen.
          Elaine

Comment

Just come back on and ... no, I had tried that left click and drag but they just open. I've blinkin' done something while playing Scrabulous...

Having to sign off now. Liz
            Liz

Comment

Are you clicking on a blank piece of the toolbar - and hold the left button down when you drag it.
              Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine...yes. The desktop now has my normal picture and then a separate strip of blue on the way down on the right. My icons are piled up at the bottom and the top of this. Grrrr. At least I can hide the whole thing when online now. Liz

UPDATE: Fiddled with it and nearly sorted. Now got to remember how to stop hiding it...:o Liz
                Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 12-06-08, 15:52.
                Liz

Comment

Sometimes it is easier to do a restore to when it was good

Comment

Thanks James...think I tried that and it wasn't having it. Now okay. Must stop fiddling! Liz
                    Liz

Comment

Working...
                    X