Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Yorkshire question.

I have for certain.....

Elizabeth Naylor marrying Myles Ariel 1815 Wakefield.

Elizabeth's parents were George Naylor (Marsh House near Wakefield) and Elizabeth.

George was dead when his daughter married.

George Naylor married Elizabeth Eyre 1795 Birstall. I know this couple is correct.

Now I'm presuming this is their daughter.

Elizabeth Naylor baptised 1797 Cleckheaton Congregational.
    There is a son George born 1796 as well.

I'm trying to get either George Naylor or his wife Elizabeth Eyre back further.

There are a few possibilities on Familysearch, but I'm not sure how to make certain.
    Any ideas on what to do or where to try next????

I take it you got those baptisms from the IGI?

They're both on BMDRegisters, but I gather it's a bit pot luck what the records are like.

If you're really lucky you can get 3 generations of a family in one cert, so it might be worth buying one of them.

BMD Registers: The Official Non-Parochial BMDs Service

Comment

This might be a good candidate for George:

GEORGE NAYLOR
      Male

Event(s):
      Birth:
      Christening: 09 AUG 1767 Cleckheaton, Yorkshire, England

Parents:
      Father: SAMUEL NAYLOR
      Last edited by Mary from Italy; 11-06-08, 00:19.

Comment

This will (from TNA) might be worth investigating:

Will of George Naylor Gentleman Birstall , Yorkshire Date: 1806.

Comment

Thanks Mary.....I did go and have a look, then got sidetracked by the phone.

I have a few Ariel non-con certs, but only births.

Do you have any burial ones? Just wondering what is on them.

Also, do you know the difference between "full details" and "page image"?

The ones I have were bought many years ago and are full A4 page certs, hand written.

Comment

Thanks again Mary. That is the burial I'm interested in. I know George was dead when his daughter married as it says so in the newspaper. 1806 fits nicely.

Comment

Google book snippet:

Thursday was married Mr. George Naylor of Cleckheaton, to Miss Eyre, dau. of Mr.
              Eyre of this town, merchant. On Wednesday evening arrived at Pontefract, ...

Comment

No, I haven't seen any non-con burial certs - no idea what they contain.

I thought the baptism certs of Elizabeth or George might contain details of her mother's parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                  Also, do you know the difference between "full details" and "page image"?
                  I think "full details" is the transcription and "page image" is the image of the original document.

The image sometimes has a bit more information than the transcription, so that's the best one to get.

Comment

Thank you.

Why can't I find these things is google books.....I'm always there.

How about you do this lot and I'll do your Chandlers LOL

PS Letter re Ernest written. Don't start holding your breath for a reply till about July.

Comment

Mary......how did you get that much of the book up?

I found the bit, bit can't get as much as you did.

Comment

No problem, thanks very much

I found that Google book snippet by searching for "george naylor" cleckheaton.
                        It also brings up another hit, but I couldn't make head nor tail of it.

This might very well be George's burial (from FHOL):

George NAYLOR, Date 10 Feb 1806, Aged 67, Place Cleckheaton, Description Independent Chapel, Denomination Independent, County code WRY

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                          Mary......how did you get that much of the book up?

I found the bit, bit can't get as much as you did.
                          I suspect it depends on which country you search from.

When I was researching my Mallets in America I got loads of snippets, but GeorgiaPeach in the US was getting full views where I was getting snippets.

Comment

Didn't know that!!!!

You should be in bed.......didn't I tell you that the other day????

I'm off to buy some non-cons, some wills and some FHOL credits. You'll probably smell the plastic burning in Italy.

Comment

Don't waste your FHOL credits - I have a few that I need to use up in the next few days, so let me know if you want any look-ups doing.

Comment

Thanks Mary....

I haven't used the site before.

Is that record a of George's burial what you get for your credit?

Comment

Yes, it cost 6p

FamilyHistoryOnline - searchable databases for family history & genealogy in England, Wales & Australia

You might try looking at the Yorkshire Parish and Probate Registers on Ancestry - they're quite good for some parishes:

Search Yorkshire, England: Parish and Probate Records - Ancestry.co.uk

OK, off to bed now. Don't break the bank

Comment

Working...
                                  X