Noone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noone

I am asking the imposible search, but ill give it a go. Some where in Ireland lived my Grandfather Patrick Noone
    he must have been born in late 1800 I guess. He was a farmer.He had a daughter Kathleen she was the second eldest born in 1916 she had a sister Ann dates unknown ,one sister died at the age of 17 years and a little brother also died age 7years of a throat infections, Another brother moved to America at a young age.At the age of 4 years Kathleen moved in to live with her Maternal Grandparents and AUNT.There may of been more children this is is all I know. The Family where of the Catholic faith. I had to give it a go. nothing ventured nothing gained. rosieloo.

Welcome to FTF rosieloo, I haven't seen you here before.

You have a fair bit of info apart from the place of birth. Do you have any info that might show his place of birth on a certificate?

I'm guessing your grandfather (or his children) moved out of Ireland????

If you can find the county in Ireland, you might be able to access the church records.

My sister has just got a stack of records from Kerry for me.

Took me a while to work out all the nmaes were in Latin, but apart from that..............

Comment

Hi Rosie and welcome,
      I would suggest you follow the standard steps in tracing a line back - get the birth certificate for one of Patrick's children, and that will tell you his wife's name, then you will be able to search for Patrick's marriage to find out his father's name and that will help you in looking for his birth.

The GRO of Ireland is at this site: The General Register Office Ireland :: An tSeirbhís um Chlárú Sibhialta
      and there will be info on that site tellling you how to order certificates.

There is quite a lot of Irish stuff online now at the following site:
      Birth Death Marriage Genealogy Records Ireland - Irish Family History Foundation

But if you find a birth for a Patrick Noone without getting the certificates I've mentioned above, how would you know whether it is the right Patrick? That's why it is best to go back one step at a time starting from what you know. Do you know when and where one of his children was born so we can help you find out how to order the birth certificate?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Please also remember that Ireland was mainly an agricultural country with about 8/9 million people back in the early to mid 1800's. Practically every family had a smallholding or "farm", even if it consisted of a few feet to feed a goat or one cow, so when emigrating they were all farmers! Please do not equate farmer in Ireland of yesteryear to farmer today. Notice that their population back then was double what it is today, although the population is now increasing once more, but still well under 5 million. Also, over 80% of the population were RC and Noone is a reasonably common name all over Ireland, so County is essential before attempting any Irish tracing.

Janet
        Last edited by Janet; 11-06-08, 14:28.

Comment

Rosie.......I had a thought (they don't come often, so you might as well use it)

The brother who went to USA.......do you have any records on him?

I'm not sure about USA...but Australia and NZ have parents place of birth on children's birth certs. (as long as it was known)

I found my great grandmother was born in Cork (when I thought it was Kerry) through my grandfather's birth cert.

Might be worth a try.

Comment

Noone

Thank you. Harrys mum, Kite Runner,and Janet for your replys to my search. I have tried to find a birth record of Kathleen born 1916. she is the only one I have a birth year for. Her father Patrick died 1972 1974 her mother name unknown died in 1977. I have her marriage certificate, but by then kathleen was living in London from that I got her Fathers name and that he was a farmer. Her husband came from Radford Nottinghamshire he was born in 1893 Kathleen was his second wife, his first was Magdalene Peterkin from who he divorced, strangly though he married the second time in a catholic church. I do have a copy of both his certificates and his death certificate. Any way thanks you folks out there. It was worth trying some body looking in might of reconised a name. Rosieloo.

Comment

Rosie, do you know whether Patrick died in Ireland or England?

There is a Patrick Joseph Noone death in Islington (London) Oct - Dec 1973, date of birth 17 Mar 1904. No Patrick Noone birth on FreeBMD who was born then, so it could be someone who was born in Ireland. Of course, it is a common name. I suppose there is no mention of him having a middle name on Kathleen's marriage certificate?

Then Jan - Mar 1974 a James Patrick and a Patrick but they were born 1920 and 1918 so prob. not either of them!
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
              X