Is this a first GRO refunding full amount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a first GRO refunding full amount

I have had an email from the GRO to say one of the certs I ordered has the wrong ref so they have refunded the whole £7 I am amazed.

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    I am amazed.
    me too but dont knock it ...it may never happen again;)
    http://buckhurst-hill-history.sampasite.com/

Comment

I got a full refund once when they sent entirely the wrong cert. Fortunately I'd printed off the receipt when I ordered it.

Comment

Celebrate twice Val, once for the full refund and again for getting an email from the GRO! ;)
        Bridget

Comment

Don't shout too loud or everyone will want one.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

lol as it is my mistake I was surprised, then again I am a bit sad as it means another week or two wait when I re-order it !!!!

Comment

You're very lucky, Val.

I made a mistake on one of my applications for a death certificate - complete hash of the reference so that it didn't match anyone of the name I was after.
              Instead of giving me a partial refund, they did a search and sent the nearest match.
              I phoned before I realised I should have had the refund, then sent 2 emails without reply. Finally, last Monday, I sent the wrong cert back with a covering letter. Still waiting, think it's fallen down a black hole.
              Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

Hm, I wonder if this is new policy - they have suddenly realised that it costs them more than £3 to process a partial refund.

Local ROs have always refunded the full amount on these grounds (it's cheaper to refund the lot, than to fiddle about doing a partial refund)

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                  Hm, I wonder if this is new policy - they have suddenly realised that it costs them more than £3 to process a partial refund.
                  Makes sense - reversing a transaction instead of creating a new one.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

well whatever I am delighted LOL
                    Helen I always ring them if I have a problem

Comment

I was quite pleased when they refunded me £4 for a wrong reference, when it fact it was right, and they also sent me the cert. I could save a fortune if they made a habit of that.
                      Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

that was lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post

Local ROs have always refunded the full amount on these grounds (it's cheaper to refund the lot, than to fiddle about doing a partial refund)

OC
                          But from the GRO point of view if they refunded the whole amount all the time, many more people would make mistakes, causing them a lot more work.

Comment

Working...
                          X