McAfee Security question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McAfee Security question

Can anyone advise me on how to deal with a problem with my security please? I installed it when I got my broadband & on the whole it is great. However for the last week, I have been getting a message saying that part of my protection needs to be fixed, Computer & files and Email & IM. This problem is in amber not red. It tells you to click on "Fix" to sort the problem, which I do, then it says that it is "fixing your protection items". that message then goes but the problem is still there. Any ideas?

I also keep getting a reminder to register my product, but when I try, it just takes me to a blank page.
    Lynn

if you go to your uninstall programmes and click on to remove it do you get the option to repair it ???

Comment

I can't find where to uninstall it Do you mean putting the cd back in?
      Lynn

Comment

sorry Lyn meant go to your control panel and then add or remove programmes it works for quite a few things, other than that maybe you could put the disc in again and it might ask you do you want to repair it

Comment

Nope, no repair option:(
          Lynn

Comment

Hi Lynn

This my Help

Comment

Thanks Augustus, but i don't really want to uninstall it, I just want to be able to fix the protection issues.
              Lynn

Comment

Hi Lynn,

I would uninstall and then re-install it, this sometimes corrects problems on the first install.

Comment

Right, thanks, I will give that a go.
                  Lynn

Comment

Well I have reinstalled the security & the problems seem to have gone now. many thanks
                    Lynn

Comment

Working...
                    X