No announcement yet.

How are these 2 Waterfield men related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are these 2 Waterfield men related?

I have found William Waterfield born abt 1801 in Mansfield on the 1851 census in Lambley. I think he might be William that was married to Sarah Clayton.

Now he has a Thomas Waterfield with him born about 1825 in Belton. How are these 2 men related?

Here is the ref:

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2128; Folio: 257; Page: 17; GSU roll: 87758.
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

The names look different to me Pippa
    On the image it looks like Thomas Wakefield, not Waterfield.
    Elaine

Comment

Oh thats confused me even more.
      Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Why do you think they are related Pippa?
        Elaine

Comment

Waterfields come from the Belton area where Thomas says he was born. Just adding 2 and 2 together to make 5!

Comment

Originally posted by Pippa Doll View Post
            Just adding 2 and 2 together to make 5!
            *gets LMP to help*

I'll have another look!
            Elaine

Comment

The only possible Thomas Waterfield I can find in 1841 at the moment is born c1828, listed with Thomas Waterfield b 1801 (occupation boatman) and wife Elizabeth b 1806 - living in Loughborough, Leic.

HO107; Piece 595; Book: 8; Civil Parish: Loughborough; County: Leicestershire; Enumeration District: 10; Folio: 46; Page: 29; Line: 13;

Not sure this helps at all! :o
              Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 10-06-08, 18:38. Reason: got one of the names wrong!
              Elaine

Comment

1861 has three Thomas Waterfields born Loughborough though so teh 1841 man could be one of them

Thomas Waterfield c1824 Head born - Loughborough living Warrington, Lancashire Gen Labourer
                Thomas Waterfield c1823 Head born - Loughborough living Staunton Harold, Leicestershire Labourer
                Thomas Waterfield c1827 Head born - Loughborough living - Lenton, Nottinghamshire Boatman

The one in Lenton Notts looks promising, but my oop norf geography is bad so these could be very near to each other
                Last edited by samesizedfeet; 10-06-08, 15:36. Reason: adding occupations
                Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Working...
                X