Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with parents

hi all,
    i was hoping sks could help me find the parents of a chap called mark parsons,
    he wed my 5xgr aunt mary ann skillings on the 30th feb 1830 in wareham all saints norfolk, they had three possibly four kids in norfolk before they emigrated to canada,as all these events took place in norfolk i can only presume and hope that he was also a norfolk lad although i cannot be certain,
    from info i have seen from canada he was born 25th april 1806 (date taken from headstone)
    thanks
    georgeh

Hi George

Welcome to the forum. When did the family leave for Canada? Have you found them on any british census?
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

There is a baptism on FreeReg for a Mark Parsons.

Born 25th April 1806
      Baptised 17th August 1806 St Mary the Virgin, Brancaster, Norfolk
      Parents Augustus Parsons and Sarah Everett.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

The more usual spelling is Warham, and it is near Brancaster so that sounds very likely to be him.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Is this him, in 1881:

Mark PARSON M Male English 74 England Farmer Protestant
          Mary Ann PARSON M Female English 72 England Protestant
          Fanny PARSON Female English 42 Ontario Protestant
          Census Place Norwich South, Oxford South, Ontario
          Family History Library Film 1375903
          NA Film Number C-13267 District 165
          Sub-district C Division 2 Page Number 26
          Household Number 135

Perhaps they chose the place they lived in as it reminded them of home?
          If Fanny is their daughter, born in England, they must have left after her birth.
          Last edited by Little Nell; 08-06-08, 18:48.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi George!

I am just back online with my old email address and found some old emails sitting there asking about Mark Parsons!

How are you?

Have to say I don't anything about Mark, apart from the fact that he emigrated to Canada after marriage (and have seen no more than the transcript of his wedding, so I don't even know who the witnesses were.)

BTW I've found a bigamous Skillings. Mary Ann's brother George married twice. The certs are still at work, but I can send you details next week.

And finally, welcome to the Forum!
            Phoenix - with charred feathers
            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Any connection of Phoenix is doubly welcome here, and you are among many with "Normal for Norfolk" ancestry.
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Losing my brain here and posting twice. I'll use the space to say that I've sent you a personal email. If your address has changed, you can send a message through this site.
                Last edited by Phoenix; 08-06-08, 19:03.
                Phoenix - with charred feathers
                Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

first of all may i thank you for the welcome girls i thought for a minute you were all yorkshire lasses when i saw the posts lol,
                  now,vickey b, they left for canada sometime between 1833 and 1837, i know this from where their third and fifth kids were born-sarah in 1833 in norfolk and augustus 1837 in north norwich ontario, there was a kid born in between them but i dont know yet where he was born (james austin 1835-1836)so no to the british census i am afraid,
                  wendy p, thank you so much for that and to kiterunner for the confirmation it is a very big help,
                  little nell, yes that is them in canada and fanny was born in ontario they used to put english just to show there origins, and isn't it strange how so many folk left one place to live in another place with the same name, my gr gr gran was born in halifax canada and came over here to live in halifax yorkshire, there is nowt so queer as folk, pmsl,
                  pheonix, it has to be said i thought to myself "who the ******* is this then" then i got your email and my day has been made, what a lovely suprise lass to find you here (does this mean i can sit back and let you do all the work now hehe ) and cool for the george thing i only have him as marrying esther rhodes up here so send the info by all means
                  thanks again girls xxxxx
                  see ya
                  georgeh
                  Last edited by georgeh; 08-06-08, 22:49.

Comment

Working...
                  X