Don't forget GENUKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget GENUKI

Someone has been in touch with me about a John Brewerton who was married in 1839 but described as a widower.
    I decided to search GENUKI and on the Monkwearmouth page it not only led me to some good sites such as The Joiner Marriage database which is pre 1837 marriages in the north and Durham records on line also pre 1837 but they had marriages which had been transcribed.
    So I managed to find who John had been previously married to.
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Genuki is a wonderful - and free! - resource with all sorts of snippets. I've found directory entries, non-conformist births, marriages and burials, tithe map information and all sorts, as well as finding it invaluable in giving information about parishes that changed or got taken over, or disappeared etc.

It takes a bit of getting used to to find your way round, but it is a brilliant tool for family historians.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

And incredibly useful for pob given in census.
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
      X