printing maps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printing maps.

Hi I need your help please. When I google Askill B & B, Stillorgan,Co Dublin where I am staying in Ireland page one tells me about the establishment, then I can click for map. I don't seem able to print the map, can you please tell me what I have to do. I have tried save as in my documents and it only saves the 1st page and not the map. Where am I going wrong please?

sunny rosy

Is this the map?

Maps - IrelandBy.Com

Can you do a "Print Screen" to get the whole map?

I have a screen capture of the map. Let me know if you would like it.
    Last edited by WendyPusey; 07-06-08, 17:48. Reason: added
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy. Go to dublin tourist.com B & B Stillorgan (South Dublin County) and then Askill B & B this is the one I want.

sunny rosy

Comment

This the one?

Wendy

Comment

Thanks ever so much wendy that's the one. We are going to be quite close to my OH's cousin so handy for a visit LOL. BUT..... how did you manage to print it or save to the forum please?

sunny rosy

Comment

I took a screen shot and then pasted it into my graphics program. Saved it as a .jpg, uploaded it to Photobucket and then put the link onto this thread.

You can just right click on it now and save it.
            Wendy

Comment

How do you take a screen shot please Wendy? I have heard this mentioned before but I cannot find out how to do it.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Chrissie, on the top right of the keyboard after the F keys are three keys....."print screen" is the one you need.

Once you have the screen you want an image of, (make sure curser is out of the way) press this button. The image will be saved to the clipboard (this is invisable to you) You then need to open a graphics program or Paint which most PCs have, and then paste the image into it, using the Edit Menu. Once in the program, save it as a .jpg.
                Wendy

Comment

Thanks Wendy but I think you must have a super duper computer. I only have two buttons after the F ones - insert and delete. I have looked all over the keyboard but there is no print screen one

Comment

p.s. I've just been to have a look and hubby has one on his computer

Comment

AH .. laptop

There may be a "prt scr" on the insert button .. and you have to hold down the Fn key (ususally bottom left) at the same time as you press "Insert"

All laptops are slightly different so yours may not be the same as above.
                      Wendy

Comment

Yayyyyyyyyy thank you Wendy. I hadn't noticed those pale bluey grey things before. Under my 'insert' it says scroll but I looked along the line and under 'home' it says prt sc :D So do I still need to hold fn at the same time?

Comment

:o Hubby has just explained to me that you have to hold the fn key down to do any of the things in blue :o Mind you, he doesn't know what all the other blue things are. I'm curious now about the sun and moon etc.

Off to bed now but I think I shall have to do a bit of exploring tomorrow. If you don't see me for a while I've probably cocked something up :D

Comment

The moon is probably "sleep" which puts the computer into standby.

The sun (which I don't have) is probably "wake up" which brings it out of standby. Usually you just wiggle the mouse and it "wakes up"
                            Wendy

Comment

Hi Chris
                              Yours may be PrtScn
                              Jeff

Comment

Hi Chris
                                Have you tryed hovering over the image right click pick print picture ... save it to say desktop
                                Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff

Sorry, I have only just noticed your message. It's pure luck that I came back to this thread because if you read what I put to Wendy I discovered that I do indeed have 'prt sc' on my 'home' key.

Thank you for trying to help though - much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                  X