Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotlands people

Hello

Ive just viewed an image on SP and i can read some of it but not all of it.
    Not only that but after viewing the death it also offered me a look at some other record called RCE.

Can somebody please tell me what the RCE is please?

And is it possible for someone to view the record and see what it says?

Danny
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Hi,
    The RCE is the Register of Corrected Entries.
    Changing an entry in the register is not allowed but say new information appeared ie following a post mortem report, then the RCE would give a update on the new info. Also sometimes happens if parents change the name of the child (this has happened to one of mine), or perhaps an explanation about paternity etc.
    Sorry but I know what I mean but am not good at explaining. Have a look at SP and they will give an explanation i am pretty sure.
    The RCE costs 2 credits on SP.
    If the image is difficult to read then e mail SP using their form on the site and they will rescan it for you and sent it by email - usually only tkakes a day or two but probably longer as this is the week-end.
    I have had a fair few rescanned and the results were great - no extra charge.

herky
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thankyou Herky

I will see about emailing them

Danny
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

When I sent for a certificate the RCE was printed on the reverse which was quite interesting.

Also found whilst looking at a wedding cert at Register House - details of the first marriage and divorce date.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
        X