Ancestry charge question please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry charge question please

I have received a letter from Ancestry offering me 20% discount off the annual charge as published on Ancestry.co.uk. However, I can't find a price listed anywhere. Could someone tell me where to find it please?
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

I think you'd find that by making a start as if you were about to renew full membership. Then it tells you all the prices - just in case you might have wanted to upgrade!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

you should find it in "my account"
      Vikki -
      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Thank you very much Christine and Vicki. That does sound likely. I tried clicking on my account but didn't think to go any further.

Comment

Chrissie, in case you can't find it maybe you could ring them ?

I have 2 freephone nos

0800 345 7917

0800 404 9723

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

They're charging about £79 a year now, I think. The UK Heritage sub (which includes Australian databases) is slightly cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
              They're charging about £79 a year now, I think. The UK Heritage sub (which includes Australian databases) is slightly cheaper.
              Mary, does the UK Heritage sub include everything that is currently available in the ordinary UK sub? (apart from the addition of the Aus stuff, that is.)

Beverley

Comment

Thank you Rachel. I have made a note of the two numbers.

I think I am going to wait a few months anyway as I don't usually do much genealogy in the summer. On top of which I have been having problems logging off from Ancestry for a couple of months now and it's driving me mad. I have to do 'control alt delete' everytime.

Like Bev I would be interested to hear about the UK Heritage thing though Mary.

Comment

Originally posted by Macbev View Post
                  Mary, does the UK Heritage sub include everything that is currently available in the ordinary UK sub? (apart from the addition of the Aus stuff, that is.)
                  I assumed it did (it certainly has all the English censuses and BMDs), but I only got the sub a week or two ago, so I haven't searched much with it yet. I tried to search some Irish records the other day, which weren't available, but I can't remember now if they're available with the ordinary UK sub or only the World sub.

If you e-mail Ancestry I'm sure they'll tell you.

The UK heritage sub cost me AUS $150 (£73).
                  Last edited by Mary from Italy; 07-06-08, 11:08.

Comment

Just found the e-mail I got from Ancestry, which says:

The annual cost for the Australian Deluxe (UK Heritage Collection) cost $149.95 Australian Dollars.
                    This gives you access to the AU and UK sites.

Comment

Thnaks for the info Mary.
                      New question: Is there anything worth having on the in the Aus data? I used the electoral rolls extensively while they were free...is there anyting else useful like that?

Beverley

Comment

The main things I use are the electoral rolls, Sands directories (NSW), and passenger lists.

This is what it says on the home page of ancestry.com.au:

Australian Collections
                        NSW Assisted Immigration NEW
                        NSW Unassisted Immigration NEW
                        Australia Electoral Rolls, 1901-1936 NEW
                        Victoria, Australia Rural Cemetery Records, 1836-1988 NEW
                        First Fleet, 1787-1788
                        Second Fleet, 1789-1790
                        Third Fleet, 1791
                        Other Fleets & Ships, 1791-1868
                        Sands Directories: Sydney and NSW

Comment

There's a list here of all Ancestry databases with Australia* in the name:

Ancestry Database Card Catalog - Ancestry.com.au

Comment

Thank you, Mary...will have to consider carefully when it is time to renew.

Beverley

Comment

Working...
                            X