Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got two problems - can anyone help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got two problems - can anyone help please?

I think my first problem might be terminal :( Yesterday I suddenly got a thin line running down the screen on my laptop. It looks yellow on most screens but white occasionally.

My second problem could be cured if I knew how to do it. I was playing around for a day or two altering settings because I couldn't download Flash Player 9. I finally managed to do it by enabling shock waves in tools and manage add ons. Though unfortunately I have now got flashing adverts back too of course. The problem now though is that, since I managed to download flash player I now get a box come up virtually EVERYTIME I try to go onto a new page. It doesn't happen on here, it seems to happen on all the sites where there are pictures involved (like catalogues etc). Even changing from one picture to another I have to click yes everytime. This is the message:-

INTERNET EXPLORER

Do you want to allow software such as activeX controls and plug-ins to run?

Any suggestions how to get rid of it please?
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

I have to go now, so not ignoring any replies.
    Will look in later.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

The laptop screen has a problem and the only solution is to have it changed!!! May be cheaper to buy a new laptop as a new screen is expensive. If it's still under warranty then you should be able to get it fixed.

Sorry can't help with the other problem.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you Wendy, that's what I was afraid of :(

It was £1000 about 3 years ago, so I think I shall have to learn to live with the line :(

Comment

Chrisse have you had a look at help? then Active X what IE are you on 6 or 7?

Comment

I'm on IE7 Pro James. I will have a look on help, though I usually struggle to understand it.

Comment

I found this advice on google - you could try it:

To turn off this message:
              In Internet Explorer select Tools > Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet > Custom Level

Under the Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins select enable

(Not sure if it should be "Local Intranet" or if you should choose "Internet"; I guess if one doesn't work then try the other)
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks you very much for trying Kate. I thought that was it because it was disabled on the Internet section but I have enabled it and logged out and in again but the blessed sign is still there.

Comment

What is the make and model of the laptop. I know a few sites that sell parts and are not badly priced

Comment

Thank you Phantom. It's an HP Pavilion zd8000.

Comment

Working...
                    X