Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of WDWTYA? 5th June 2008 is...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winner of WDWTYA? 5th June 2008 is...........

vanessa tallon

Well done vanessa!!

Well done and good luck vanessa

Comment

Yeah.....Well Done Vanessa - the best of luck !! :D
      Jacky

Comment

Well done Vanessa, and good luck.xxxxx
        SBPF Wendy passed away in April 2019.

Comment

WOW!!!!Thanks everyone.
          I have just got up after getting back from my training course at an ungodly hour so i will be back shortly with coffee in hand.
          *goes off doing cartwheels*!!!!!
          Vanessa Tallon passed away September 2011

Comment

Right!
            My great great grandmother fascinates me and she was my first ever brick wall.
            Has far as i can find out she was born Bridget Crane 1845/6 in Ireland.
            I first found her on the 1881 census living in long close lane York, widowed with son Willaim aged 2years.
            She had married my great great grandfather Dennis Mckegg in 1878 in York.
            I got the marriage cert and that is when i found out she was also a widow when she married Dennis.
            So can we see if we can find the first marriage?
            All i have is the surname 'Breen'.
            I do not know when bridget came over to england.

Comment

Hmmmm....It's interesting that she doesn't have any further children from her first marriage with her in 1881. I wonder how long before 1878 her first husband died and if that was in the York area too?

I have Crane's born in Ireland on my tree! No Bridget though.

Comment

Bridgets fathers name was Michael Crane and according to the marriage cert he was deceased at the time of her marriage in 1878.
                At the time of Bridgets death in 1892 in York she was married to John Drinkell.
                They married in 1881 in York but by the time the 1891 census came around she was back in long close lane and had gone back to the name of Mckegg.
                I found out that ahe had a sister when i got the burial details for her. Mary Flynn appears with her on the 1891 census.
                I have yet to try and find Mary so maybe if anyone is having problems with bridget they could look for Mary for me?
                According to the 1891 census she was 17years old but i do not know wether to beleive that info because bridget lied about herself, her age and her sons age. She said her son was born in 1847. Dennis was born that year!
                Sorry if i am waffling on.

Comment

Merry! Dennis Mckegg died on the 19th January 1880 in York after being buried alive in an accident at work.

Comment

Sorry miss read your question merry!

Comment

But the 1891 says they were both born in the United States???

and Bridget has aged 20 years since 1881 (now 59)! How come her "sister" is only 17 and is single, but isn't called Crane???

Comment

Originally posted by vanessa tallon View Post
                        Merry! Dennis Mckegg died on the 19th January 1880 in York after being buried alive in an accident at work.
                        Ooh, that's horrible. Poor man.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                          But the 1891 says they were both born in the United States???

and Bridget has aged 20 years since 1881 (now 59)! How come her "sister" is only 17 and is single, but isn't called Crane???
                          Whoops, you said most of that already!

Comment

Thats what i mean Merry! Bridget died of "Carcinoma breast hoemorrhage exhaustion on the 11th August 1892.
                            I was wondering if she had a brain tumour as well but was not detected? it could explain a lot!

Comment

As for her sister???I have yet to go down that road but it must mean either Bridget's mother remarried or that Mary was not 17 but married to someone named Flynn?
                              It does not say whether Mary was actually living with Bridget in 1891. Maybe she was visiting but Bridget's confused mind said different?

Comment

Goodness knows!

Do you know what happened to John Drinkell?

Comment

No Michael Cranes on my tree. :(

Comment

John died in 1893 living alone. I found him after a lot of searching in the 1891 census as Drinkall? i think. i forgot to write that down because i was distracted at the time. I can not find any children born to Bridget and john so maybe the marriage did not last long.
                                    I have a feeling he was a good man because Bridget's son, William Mckegg, my great grandfather named his first son John.
                                    William married Mary Macague in 1899 in Leeds and John was born in the same year.

Comment

I can not for the life of me find William and Mary on the 1901 census which is also driving me potty!! not that i am already potty!!LOL!!

Comment

Sorry Merry. Johns name was transcribed as 'DRINKING' on the 1891 census. Just checked back through my shoe box on Ancestry.

Comment

Working...
                                        X