Hugh Wallis Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh Wallis Numbers

If a Town is shown only as a series of numbers , without a church name, is it possible to find out which church the numbers refer to. I am trying to trace more details about my 5x G/Gparents in Barnoldswick and feel I really need to look further into the church records to be sure I have the right people, as IGIs can be misleading sometimes. :(
    Can I till of a success from a simple enquiry. I happened to contact a public library for information about thier area. I was trying to trace details conected with my 4xG/Gfather (*). They provided what I'd asked for but then sent me an address of someone they thought may be able to help. It turned out the family I was told to contact had been living on thier estate for the last 500 years, they had looked in thier estate books and found my (*). He was a farmer and had farmed one of thier farms. As a result I have now been invited to visit them to search thier books further as other members of my relatives are also recorded.
    So caps off to our local librarians, particularly when they are prepared to 'go the extra mile'
    Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Pipe man

Generally, if there is no church named in the Hugh Wallis list, it is the parish church.

You can test this by going into the unnamed batch number, searching for a dead common name and see what the church is called.

OC

Comment

Thanks OCH, I'll off and try it
      Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Comment

OCH, it worked and your right (not that I doubted !!) it says Parish Church.
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X