Legacy 7 Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy 7 Now Available

Legacy Version 7 is now available from this page. As with previous versions of Legacy, the Standard Edition is free - it has a smaller set of features than the Deluxe Edition, but no time limitations or restrictions on the number of individuals or families. If you do decide to upgrade to the Deluxe Edition at a later date, the user interface is identical and the same family file is used.

The Deluxe Edition is US$30 to download or US$40 if you want the CD and printed manual mailed to you. If you want to upgrade from Legacy 6 Deluxe Edition, the cost is US$22.

Those who purchased Legacy 6 Deluxe after July (?) 2007 are entitled to a free upgrade to Legacy 7 Deluxe. If you purchased the CD version, the upgrade should already have been mailed to you. If you purchased the download version, you should receive an e-mail with instructions sometime in the next few days.

I can't comment on the strengths and weaknesses of Legacy compared to FTM or other genealogy programs - as far as I can tell, all of these programs have very similar capabilities and it's largely a matter of personal taste which one you prefer. However, I've been very satisfied with Legacy over the past 6 or 7 years and with the support provided by the publisher, Millennia Software.

If you're considering a new genealogy program, I'd recommend at least trying the free Standard Edition of Legacy 7.

Regards -

Tim
    "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Thanks Tim.

I wonder if I'd be better off with Legacy 7 Standard than with my current Legacy 6 Deluxe. I'll have to compare the features. Like you, I've been very happy with Legacy.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Working...
    X