New South Wales, Australia, Unassisted Immigrant Passenger Lists, 1826-1922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New South Wales, Australia, Unassisted Immigrant Passenger Lists, 1826-1922

Can anyone who has access to this have a look at the records for Arthur J Titchmarsh and let me know what it shows.

I know he died in 1919 durring a trip to Oz, the boat was about to return to the UK when he suffered a heart attack, his body was offloaded and he was layed to rest there.

Thanks
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Name / Estimated Birth Year / Port of Departure / Port of Arrival / Voyage Arrival Date / Vessel Name

Arthur Titchmarsh / abt 1867 / Liverpool / Sydney, New South Wales / 9 Nov 1914 / Ceramic
    Arthur Titchmarsh / abt 1865 / Liverpool / Sydney, New South Wales / 9 Sep 1913 Ceramic
    Arthur Titchmarsh / abt 1856 / Liverpool / Sydney, New South Wales / 28 Feb 1917 / Ceramic
    Arthur Titchmarsh / abt 1856 / Wellington, NZ / Sydney, New South Wales / 31 Mar 1917 / Ceramic
    Arthur J Titchmarsh / abt 1865 / Liverpool / Sydney, New South Wales / 2 Feb 1914 / Ceramic
    Arthur J Titchmarsh / abt 1865 / Liverpool / Sydney, New South Wales / 2 Oct 1919 / Ceramic

Comment

Thank you Mary you are a star, He died aboard the Ceramic on the 31st October 1919
      Vikki -

Comment

The Ceramic was apparently used as a troopship during WW1. Was he one of the crew as he sailed on it so often?

S.S Ceramic - Home Page
        Ship Descriptions - C/Ca to Ch

Comment

I transcribed the Ancestry references myself, so there shouldn't be any problem with the copyright.

You could probably get hold of the full passenger list from the NSW authorities, which may contain more information.

Comment

I started to think I might ask for a look-up on that database for my niece's tree, but I got too many probably-useful hits, so I am considering a month's sub, just to pick up what I need - and have a look at the electoral rolls to see if there's any more since I was last able to look at them.

It certainly looks a useful one from my perspective!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

According to the lists I have from the Ellis Island site, which show him arriving in 1918 he was a pantryman aboard the Ceramic.

Thanks for the links, I will have a good look at them. My nan did say he served on a troop ship, He spent so long away at sea, he doesn't appear on the census, my grandma used to say he'd come home, leave another baby behind and then go off to sea. He had 10 children!!!!!
              Vikki -

Comment

Bear in mind that a lot of the records in this database can also be found free of charge here:

State Records NSW - Indexes online

Comment

You can get the passenger list free here if you offer to do some transcribing:

I am, in some circumstances, willing to scan and prepare a particular month in a particular year requested by a visitor to the site which is of special interest to them, in exchange for their transcribing half the vessels arriving during that month to be available online.
                  Mariners, Crew, Passengers

Comment

Working...
                  X