GR mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR mystery

For a while now I have been carrying out a one named study on the name Brewerton. I have contacted virtually everyone on GR who has the name in their tree.
    I have had some very generous replies and now have over 1000 Brewertons in the study.
    Obliviously some people have not responded to my request and 2 of them have the surname Brewerton.
    Trying to work out which part of the study they belong to, I have searched for the different Brewertons they have and both only have one.
    eg. James Brewerton has a Zack Brewerton 1840 place of birth not recorded.
    I have made up those names.
    The thing I can't work out is how you can only have one if that is your surname.
    I know people put part trees on but this would have to be just one name,
    Any thoughts on how they do it?
    Thanks
    Jeanie
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

They may have added something to the surname on the other entries, like one of my contacts has "(1)" and "(2)" at the end of the surnames of some of his entries.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Pass - but I never contact anyone if they only have males in their tree. It means a female aunt married my surname, so they are unlikely to hold useful information, or be interested in what I have.

It sounds very odd if they don't show up themselves. Could it be one - non paying - member who has put bits of his tree on, using the relevant surname as his identifier each time to keep track of replies?
      Phoenix - with charred feathers
      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

mmm thats a thought.
        Thanks
        Searching for:
        English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

I am so proud of the study, A One Named Study : Brewerton - Family Tree for Brewerton, Bruerton, Broughton, Brewerton/Bruerton, Brereton and 367 other surnames.
          that I want everyone with a connection to join in.
          I show people the front page so they can see I'm not a nutter, password on request, and whilst I understand that if you have only got one name you might not bother, if it is your surname, you'd think that you would be interested.
          Ah well.
          Searching for:

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
            They may have added something to the surname on the other entries, like one of my contacts has "(1)" and "(2)" at the end of the surnames of some of his entries.
            I do that with the forename(s) where I have a deceased child followed by a sibling of the same name.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
            X