Fanny Badford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanny Badford

On Serafina Scicluna's and James Needham's marriage certificate from 1880 James' mother is named as Fanny Badford. The nearest that I have ever found on the IGI is a marriage between Fanny Pegg and James Needham in 1839 in Wirksworth. I know that mistakes can happen especially when the marriage was overseas (anyone know what Pegg in Latin is?) its just one of those things that make me uneasy.
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Pippa

EH? Mother's names are not normally mentioned on marriage certs.

Is her name given instead of a father's name?

Maybe she was Badford before she was Pegg, or vice versa.

OC

Comment

Its a Maltese cert where they list the parents of the bride and the groom. It also lists the witnesses and their fathers as well as the registrar's. Shame the English aren't so accomodating!
      Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

There's a marriage between James Needham and Fanny Daniels in Manchester 1844.

I know it's not Badford, but could it be an accent problem or mistranscription.

Can't find a Fanny Badford/Bradford who fits.

Comment

Could it be Radford? I've just found a Selina Radford on your other thread.

Comment

You say it said Badford and on the 1841 census Fanny, rounded down to 15, and her two day old baby are living in the same building as people called Radford. Who are they?? Any connection?

Comment

Mary - Not connected as Edith Davis married Henry Needham. Henry's parents were James and Serfina.

Merry - I can't see the Fanny you are referring to in 1841. Can you give me the ref?

Comment

"Nextdoor" (same property) are John Radford 25 and listed after him Ann Radford 40. I wonder if this is Ann formerly Pegg nee XYZ and she is Fanny's mum on a 2nd marriage to a toyboy?

ANN PEGG
                Marriages:
                Spouse: JOHN RADFORD
                Marriage: 04 JUN 1830 Duffield, Derby, England

Messages: Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record.

Comment

Fanny Needham aged 15, Ann Needham aged 2 days:

1841: HO107; Piece 180; Book: 15; Civil Parish: Duffield; County: Derbyshire; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: 14; Page: 23; Line: 22

Comment

John and Ann Radford in 1851:

HO107; Piece: 2143; Folio: 812; Page: 31

They had a son, Henry aged 11 mths in 1841 (ie born about July 1840), but I can't see he was registered which is really annoying as it should have included all Ann's previous surnames! :(

Comment

Sorry just caught on!

That would all make sense but could she be Fanny Needham aged 15? I suppose anything is possible. It makes me feel more comfortable about where the Badford has come from. Lucky Ann with a toyboy!

Comment

Did I say? Fanny Needham has Maria Pegg (15) living with her in 1841 who I would imagine is her full sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippa Doll View Post
                          Sorry just caught on!

That would all make sense but could she be Fanny Needham aged 15?

I should think she was rounded down! After all, she was already married and I think she gained quite a few years by the next census!

Comment

Ah so she was probably nearer 16 then - that makes it so much better!:D

Comment

She could have been 19

Comment

Here she is!! (right birth place and she is 40 in 1861!)

FANNY PEGG
                                Christening: 24 NOV 1822 Littleover, Derby
                                Parents:
                                Father: GEORGE PEGG
                                Mother: ANN <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<later Ann Radford!!

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record.

Comment

Thanks Merry. It was one of those niggles that was confusing me.

Comment

In 1851 Mrs Ann Radford says she was born in Barton Staffs about 1799.

There's this:

GEORGE PEGG
                                    Marriages:
                                    Spouse: ANN SHORTHOSE
                                    Marriage: 05 OCT 1819 Stapenhill, Derby
                                    Messages: Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record.

and then this:

ANN SHORTHOSE
                                    Event(s):
                                    Birth:
                                    Christening: 21 NOV 1798 Barton Under Needwood, Stafford
                                    Parents:
                                    Father: ROBERT SHORTHOSE
                                    Mother: MARY
                                    Messages: Extracted birth or christening record for locality listed in the record.

Though it has to be said there are a couple of Hannah Shorthose/house around the same time :(

Comment

Working...
                                    X