Marriage for Albert and Selina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage for Albert and Selina

Just looking for a marriage between Albert Davis and Selina possibly Lowe if you look at the 1901 census.

RG13; Piece: 3183; Folio: 7; Page: 5.

Thanks!
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Hi Pippa, 1891 has daughter Minnie Davis b.1885 as step daughter. There is a Marriage on freebmd in 1886 Nottingham for an Albert Davis with no ladies on the page. Just going to check the images and see if I can find a Selina Lowe.
    Fiona. xx

Comment

Ooh step-daughter - interesting.
      Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Ok, well ancestry isn't playing nice for me at the moment so maybe I'll have to wait to look at the images.
        Fiona. xx

Comment

Births Jun 1885
          Lowe Minnie Davis Nottingham 7b 286

Comment

I wonder if the marriage is badly mistranscribed? These are showing on different pages:

Marriages Jun 1886 (94%)
            DAVIS Albert Nottingham 7b 434

Marriages Jun 1886 (94%)
            RADFORD Selina Nottingham 7b 338

Comment

Thats odd having Davis as a middle name.

Comment

I've looked at the image for Selina, and it does say Selina Radford (typewritten), but I wonder if the place of residence was somehow substituted for the surname?

Comment

Originally posted by Pippa Doll View Post
                  Thats odd having Davis as a middle name.
                  Not if she was Albert's illegitimate daughter.

Comment

Selina RADFORD figures on that ref along with:
                    Edward John BREWSTER
                    Arthur Handford DAY
                    Annie HOLT

Also in teh same Q for Nottingham District
                    Selina Ann BEEBY on 437
                    Selina BIRD on 346
                    Selina COBB on 354

Christine
                    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 03-06-08, 21:16.
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've just checked the complete index on Ancestry, as q2 of 1886 is only 94% transcribed, but there's no Selina Lowe.

Comment

Thats a lot of Selinas! I know that Radford was a reg dist so I wonder if they did mix it up?

Comment

That's what I was wondering. Selina and Albert and all their children were born in Radford according to the censuses

Radford was incorporated into Nottingham reg. district in 1880.

Comment

Shouldn't we be looking for these two men to check their wives?

Edward John BREWSTER
                            Arthur Handford DAY

Arthur was born in 1867 Nottingham. There are no locally born Edward J Brewsters.

Am too tired to look for them in 1891/1901

Comment

Working...
                            X