Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I go after next, do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I go after next, do you think?

After the excitement of getting Errant Grandpa's naturalization papers, I now have to chose what's the next most important bit of info to chase up.

I reckon I should go after a possible marriage - and probably the middle of the three USA possibles, because that's the one with most (alleged) info.
    1. Ruth X - his wife per the 1930 census - married between 6 Mar & 1 Apr 1930 if he gave all correct info about it: age at marriage = age at census, and his birthday was 6 Mar.
    2. (name withheld, b 22 Dec 1915, Dant(e), Va) - his wife per the naturalization papers. Marriage 25 Nov 1937 Sullivan County, Tenn
    3. May G X - notifier of his death in 1967 - there's a death for a May G BENNETT in the same county as his death (Pinellas, Florida) 1 Jun 1980, with DoB 27 May 1898

Do you that's the best course? The existence of the third of the three (if valid) would suggest a divorce or death for the middle one.

Christine
    Off to watch Springwatch!
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

So if you got marriage cert for 3rd wife, it would state if he was divorced or widowed from second.

I guess it depends what info you want next.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

The trouble is that I can't be certain he actually married any of them! The middle one is the only one with a specific date, tho' the first of the three is narrowed down to a few weeks.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've taken the plunge! I decided that it would be worth having a go for the one I was reasonably certain about - i.e. the middle one - then, at least, if there are any children of that marriage, I shall be able to match up MMN.

I guess that I had already half decided. Sometimes setting things out like that helps you make up your mind, don't you think?

But you're right, Nell, about the value of the last one - if I can work out where/when (if!)!

Christine

Comment

Hope it answers some questions, Christine.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
          X