FTM - internet backup not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM - internet backup not working.

(Not sure if this should be on here or on 'computers' board.)

I'm using 2006 and the introductory internet backup has expired, so I signed up for a years backup. The money has left my account, but the backup still says 'service expired'. I rang Ancestry, and the guy said it's not registered - I gave him my usual ancestry username and password. He said I must have used another name and password at one time - I did, but there was a problem and they changed it for me to the one I use now. I can't for the life of me remember what it would have been originally - I've tried all the possibles!

They're happy to refund my money, but I don't want that - I want the backup! :(

So he suggested I un-install the programme and reintall it. Won't this loose some of the info I have on there?

Help! Advice, please!

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Uninstalling the program and reinstalling it will not affect your data - although I would advise you back it up before you do anything.

To be honest I would not be happy with the reply they have given you.
    Surely they should be able to tell you what username and password you are using - and sort the problem for you.

If you are using the ancestry free phone number then I would call them again ..... in the hope you get someone who is more helpful.
    Elaine

Comment

Bee I will be corrected by Elaine if IM wrong but long as you have back up entire file to your desktop and re install you should be able to open that in the new installed version ;;

beat me to it Ealine ;;;lol
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thanks, both. I'll ring them again, and see if I get someone who knows what he's doing!

(Not that I can talk, but I'm allowed to be an IT dunce! - Gender ...Age .... etc!)

Bee.
        Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
        COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Working...
        X