Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look up baptism in liverpool

Hi all,
    I am trying to find the Baptism of Elizabeth Bayley/Bailey born c1817 in Liverpool, her father was Elliot but I dont know who her mother is,she is on the 1841 census just with her father who is a widow, and he is living with her on the 1851 when she is married.I hope somone can help?
    Boxer.

Have you tried the IGI?
    Jess

Comment

yes but no luck.

Comment

the only one on igi is Elizabeth Bailey b 1807 Liverpool aged 74 in 1881 census.(retired nurse/housekeeper)..10 years difference to your year of birth.....was she a nurse?....allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Sadly no

Comment

sorry boxer...that was the only Elizabeth I could find babtised in Liverpool..do you know whereabouts in Liverpool she was born.??..for instance,i am Garston,Liverpool........Ancestral Villages - Virtual Village Home Page has Garston listed and many many people back to 1700....if you are lucky and Elizabeth was born in a village that wasn`t part of Liverpool in 1817,you might find her birthplace village in Ancestral....and maybe she is listed....Allan
            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

I think she was born in West Derby,this is were the whole family come from.
              Boxer.

Comment

You could also try: Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerk Project -

Here is the index of the Liverpool records online so far: Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerk Project - City of Liverpool (click on Registers in the menu on the left)

And another link to some Liverpool registers: http://www.geocities.com/liverpoolregisters/index.html
                Last edited by Cloggie; 03-06-08, 13:25.
                Sarah

Comment

Thats a great help I will give all these sites a go.

Comment

hi boxer...MY birth cert says west derby....this is the area of Lverpool where the registration office was....many people think their ancestors were from West Derby ...west derby register office covered
                    garston/woolton/halewood/hunts cross/aigburth/allerton/speke, mossley hill,and some others....allan

Comment

Thanks Allen all this is very helpful

Comment

Just checking through my certificates, I have an 1870 marriage at St Stephen The Martyr, which was in West Derby & Toxteth Park registration district.

I've also got some other certs in West Derby or West Derby & Toxteth Park registration district, with the events occuring in Kirkdale, Everton and Wavertree

Here is some more information on the district from FreeBMD: West Derby Registration District
                        Sarah

Comment

Nothing to do with what you were asking, but did you realise Elizabeth married her first cousin?

I found these three baptisms, all son's of John Bailey (Elliott's has mother Jane too):

1. MATTHEW BAILEY - International Genealogical Index
                          Gender: Male Christening: MAY 1777 St Nicholas, Liverpool, Lancashire, England

This one is Reuben's father:

2. RODNEY BAILEY - International Genealogical Index
                          Gender: Male Christening: 24 DEC 1780 St Nicholas, Liverpool, Lancashire, England

This one is Elizabeth's father:

3. ELLIOTT BAILEY - International Genealogical Index
                          Gender: Male Christening: 18 MAY 1783 St Nicholas, Liverpool, Lancashire, England

Sorry if you had that already!

Comment

Hi all, sorry I have not got back but I have been very busy. Yes Merry Monty I did have the info you give and yes I know they where first cousins.

Comment

Working...
                            X