Full Griffiths Valuation on Ancestry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Griffiths Valuation on Ancestry?

I understand that the Full set of Griffiths Valuation is now on Ancestry. Can someone confirm if this is the Full set of the Valuation and not just the Index and does it include all the maps as well?

Janet

Researching Martley, O'Neill, Hennessey, Kirby, Heffernan in Ireland
    Last edited by Janet; 22-11-11, 09:15.

No, it's just the index. Full details here:

Search Ireland, Index to Griffith's Valuation, 1848-1864 - Ancestry.co.uk

It says:

Please note that the index included in this database was generated from the microfiche version of the Griffith's Valuation.
    The tithe applotment books are now on Ancestry, but only for Ulster so far, I think.

Comment

Mary

Thanks. I suspected it might just be the Index.

Janet

Comment

The images are on the Originsnetwork, so who is it you are looking for?

Comment

Sue.

Thanks for that. I have obtained some through Irish Origins, which is very good, as they have the maps as well. Some time ago Ancestry wanted me to answer a questionaire as to whether I would consider joining Ancestry, but as I have done a lot of Census work already, I told them that if they had Griffiths Valuation on their site, that I might be tempted to pay the annual fee, so when I read recently that they had Griffiths, I was curious to know whether or not it was the Full Griffiths or the Index. The Index is not as useful as the Full Griffiths. Thanks for your reply.

Janet

Comment

Working...
          X