Is this a record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a record?

Searching for my illusive 3x Ggma .... I have, at last found her!

She is transcribed with the correct age of 87 as a Grandaughter :D

Should have made the next 2 generations a doddle to find ;)
    Bridget

lol!! that's great!

Comment

Bridget

Well, I finally found my lady, with a mistranscribed age of 51 and living with her daughter aged 54! She was 81 really.

I only found her because I was trawling looking for someone entirely different, therefore carefully reading every entry. Otherwise I doubt I would ever have found her - very common name.

OC

Comment

Wonderful.

I've found some idiotic entries too (can't recall offhand, but ones where the father is only about 3 years older than the child).

I must admit, sometimes numbers can be hard to decipher and its not helped by habit of some enumerators in ticking off the ages with thick pen.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Nell, that might not be as silly as it sounds because stepchildren are often listed as son or daughter, and of course a stepfather could be only 3 years older than his stepchild.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Not quite the same, but it made me giggle, I was looking for James Wood, retired Captain in the Navy and his wife Elizabeth this afternoon. I found them after a bit of confusion transcribed as, Catherine James Wood, head, and Elizabeth, wife :D

Comment

Originally posted by BridgetM View Post
              She is transcribed with the correct age of 87 as a Grandaughter :D
              Well she will have been someone's granddaughter. One just presumes that she wasn't granddaughter of the Head!

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

LOL Christine!
                Actually she was the head's Mother-in-Law .... !
                Bridget

Comment

Working...
                X