Returned email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returned email

I have been getting a scam email lately from different people. It's the same email but the senders are different. Nobody I know.

Well, this morning I got a message from the "Mail Delivery System" saying
    "Undelivered Mail Return to Sender" (me). It has attachments which are the scam emails I was deleting. The message said there was no such delivery address, as though I'd sent an email to an incorrect address.

I'd never done anything with these emails other than delete them. How did my email address become the sender???

It's quite common, lots of programs insert a false From address. Just delete them, and don't worry about it.

Comment

Thanks Mary. Thought the originals might have "got in" somehow.

Comment

Libby, I guess you have an anti virus program running on your emails? Its just I had a spate of stuff like that a couple of years ago and it was so embarrassing because the virus or whatever had got into my address book and was sending random emails (from my email history!!) to people in the address book. People were getting emails about things totally not to do with them from apparently - me!

Comment

Heather this is not a virus, it is a way spammers use to send out more spam!
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

It's likely to be a case of email spoofing and whilst it's a nuisance it does tend to subside after a bit.

Having said that, there's certainly no harm in performing an up to date virus/spyware scan just to be on the safe side!

Rgds,
            Bob Pullen
            Plusnet Customer Support
            www.plus.net
            Unlimited Broadband - It's a myth!

Comment

Working...
            X