Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas what to look for on the census ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas what to look for on the census ??

I am a bit disappointed got a marriage cert and was hoping it would help me but cannot find the bride or her father on the census records.
    Minnie Tapperman aged 19 Skirt Hand ?? married Jacob Weinberg aged 20 december 5th 1915 in Feldgate Synagogue her father is named as Jacob Tapperman Bootmaker.her address on cert 25 Chicksand Street E1
    I know they had a habit of changing their names.

I can't see a birth reg for Minnie either. There is a birth for a Minnie Tapperden in 1896 in Kent.

Was she born here (British Isles) ?
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

thats the problem Vicky no idea !! I do know that they emigrated with their daughters to New Zealand about 1950 and one of the girls was supposed to have become a famous singer , but no joy as yet .

Comment

I can't see any entries for Tapperman until 1904, after that there are a few, which suggests that's when they arrived in this country.

Comment

thanks Merry will look into that then.

Comment

Have you found Jacob Weinberg? Maybe Minnie is around about the same area?

RG13; Piece: 302; Folio: 67; Page: 45
            Last edited by WendyPusey; 02-06-08, 13:43.
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

My replies keep timing out.

You have a huge period - 15 years - to bridge. Directories, school registers, naturalisation papers are the sort of things to consider.
              Phoenix - with charred feathers
              Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Wendy yes thank I know about him
                Phoenix thanks ,I have looked at some of that already and nothing so far but I dont give up easy

Comment

There are a couple of references on the National Archives website. Not yours, but they might be useful:

(Showing results 1-2)Page: 1
                  Home Office: Aliens Department: Internees Index: Internees at Liberty in UK (Ple...TAPPERMAN, Date of Birth: 02 . jewish settling Home Office: Aliens Department: Internees Index: Internees at Liberty in UK (Please note that the people listed in these records may not all be Jewish.) # TAPPERMAN, Date of Birth: 02-04-1879, Place of Birth: Date range: 1939 - 1942.
                  Source: Moving Here (migration history and images) Home Office: Aliens Department: Internees Index: Internees at Liberty in UK (Ple...Rachel TAPPERMAN, Date of Birt . jewish settling Home Office: Aliens Department: Internees Index: Internees at Liberty in UK (Please note that the people listed in these records may not all be Jewish.) Rachel TAPPERMAN, Date of Birth: 24-05-1874, Place Date range: 1939 - 1942.
                  Source: Moving Here (migration history and images)
                  Phoenix - with charred feathers
                  Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

That Rachel Tapperman looked hopeful at first as she says she was born here, but I think she may well be the wife of one Harry or Henry Tapperman - married in 1908. I think that was it; I looked it up this morning!

Comment

thanks a bunch Phoenix will look into that further, it seems quite a unusual name so you never know
                      Thanks again Merry

Comment

Working...
                      X