Another lost Tatam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another lost Tatam

I am trying to tidy up a few loose ends on this family.

I have Frederick George Tatam registered June 1/4 1839 Stamford Lincs, but thereafter claiming to be born Sibson Hunts.

In 1841 he is with his parents Henry and Frances, and siblings, at the home of William Tatom in Warwickshire. In 1851 the family and Frederick are back home in Stamford Lincs.

1861 I can't find Frederick anywhere.

In 1865 Frederick George Tatam married Mary Smith in Leeds

In 1871 they are in Barnsley Yorkshire. (RG10/4646) That one fits perfectly to be him.

Then they vanish again. There is a death of George F Tatam in Yorkshire on free BDM (1917) but his age makes his DOB 1847 and I have found that one on various census and he is not mine.

Fred's father Henry Tatam died in 1874 and his son George is mentioned in his will. As far as I can find, there is no son named George Tatam, just Frederick George, so he may go by either name, although he appears to always be Frederick on the census.

Can anyone see him in 1861 or after 1871? A second set of eyes may be just what I need!
    Christine
    Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.
    Mary Jean Iron

There are little bits of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire missing off the 1861 so I suppose he could have been in one of those places.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

But the 1871 chap was born in Stilton (I think it should say) in Huntingdonshire.

Comment

Oh sorry, you said that already! I only read the first bit of your post!

Comment

The 1871 one is born Sibson Hunts which is where Frederick was said to have been born in 1851. The year and place fits for it to be the correct one.
          Christine
          Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.
          Mary Jean Iron

Comment

Nothing to do with what you want, but......

I have Frederick George Tatam registered June 1/4 1839 Stamford Lincs, but thereafter claiming to be born Sibson Hunts.
            But that's OK, because:

Sibson-cum-Stibbington, Huntingdonshire was originally in the Stamford Registration District of Lincolnshire from 1st July 1837.

(from Genuki)

Comment

I think they must have emigrated! lol

Have you tried substituting Hant* and Hert* etc for his birth county? OH has a lot of Hunts rellies living in London 1841-1901 and they are often recorded as being born in other H counties (bad transcriptions usually)

Comment

No haven't tried that Merry.

They may well have emigrated, I have looked through a couple of American census but the don't seem obvious there. Fred's older brother came here, but I have not seen any sign of him in NZ

Off to have another look for H words!
                Christine
                Mary Jean Iron

Comment

Do the occupations give any clue as to why they moved around? The railway is the only transport link I can think of.

Thomas the Tank Engine visits Stibbington quite regularly (terminus of the Nene Valley steam railway).
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                  X