Ancestry US Census please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry US Census please

Douglas Goulson, listed in the 1910-20 and 30 US Census as St Mateo, California.

Can anyone find the details for the family please? He married post 1910 but pre 1920 to a girl named Florence.

Logging off for the night but if anyone can find anything i would appreciate it
    Cheers
    Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 01-06-08, 21:37.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

HI Glen

Found a SSDI record for a

Name - Douglas Gleason born December 1893

Death registerd - Jan 1982

Lask known addy - 94025 Menlo Park, San Mateo, California, United States of America

Social Security Number - 560-20-0385
    WendyP

Comment

HI Glen

Also found them on a passenger record leaving Le Havre on 19 August 1925 and arriving in the port of New York 11 September 1925

Douglas Goulson 31 born Pescardere California Dec 14th 1893
      Florence Goulson 24 - Nat'd through marriage on 26th April 1919 Pescadere
      Douglas Gouslon 3 born 19th November 1922 Pescadere

If your Douglas born Dec 14 1893 had a middle name of Carl then this could be a California Death Entry for him but the Social Security number doesn't match the one I posted above - but there again I dont know that they should.

This one shows he died on 1st January 1982 with a Social Security number of 565262401 and that he died in San Mateo and his mother's maiden name is HONSINGER.
      Last edited by WendyP; 02-06-08, 06:00.
      WendyP

Comment

HI

Then there is a birth reg for the child Douglas Goulson born 19 November 1922 MMN Lombard in the birth county of San Mateo.

And then form this index World War II and Korean Conflict Veterans Interred Overseas
        Douglas A Goulson - Corporal - United States Marine Corps - DOB - 22/2/1945

Monument in Honolulu, Hawaii info states that he is buried
        WendyP

Comment

HI Glen

Florence L Goulson nee Lombard born 20/8/1901 died 3/11/1997 in Contra Costa MMN Husson Social Security number 565262401
          WendyP

Comment

Thanks Wendy

I'm pretty sure that Douglas is the son of Alfred J Goulson and Jessie Honsinger (and grandson of the John and Annie you found details for a while ago).

Looks like there could be a bit of military stuff to discover if nothing else.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Hi Glen

Working backwards then is the 1930 info you also asked for

Goulson Family living in San Mateo, California

Douglas C 36 Marr at 25 bn California dad bn Wisconsin, mum born Ohio
              Florence L 28 Marr at 18 bn France as were both her parents,
              Douglas A 7 bn California dad bn California, mum bn France

Douglas the head of family is shown as being an Officer and the company is shown simply as State Traffic. Florence is shown as having spoken French in her native home prior to coming to the USA

1920 Goulson families living in Pescadero, San Mateo, California

Douglas 25 same birth details as above occ Blacksmith
              Florence 19 """""" occ Housewife
              Alfred J 59 bn Wisconsin occ Blacksmith both parents bn Eng'
              Jessie 59 bn Ohio occ Housewife both parents bn Ohio
              Doris 21 bn California occ None

Alfred J is shown as working in his own shop. Douglas simply states he works in shop - wonder wether he worls for his father then.

1910 census San Mateo, California

Alfred 50 birth details as above age at marriage 23 occ blacksmith own shop
              Jessie 49 """""""""""""""" """""""" occ none
              Douglas 16 """"""" """
              Doris 9 """""" """
              Annie 78 Widow bn England as were both parents occ none
              Lizzie 58 Dau Widow bn Wisconsin both parents bn England occ none.

Jessie is stated as having had 3 children and only 2 living at this time of census.

Annie shown as haiving 4 children and 2 still living

Lizzie (whose married name is not shown even though she is shown as a widow) had 5 children and only 3 still living.

1900 Census find them in San Mateo

Alfred bn 1860 been married 12 yrs occ Blacksmith
              Jessie bn 1861 """"" occ none
              Douglas bn 1894
              Doris bn 1899

Annie bn 1833 WIDOW came to UK in 1848 can't make out her occ.

I could send you proof of these if you require.
              WendyP

Comment

Thanks Wendy

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
                Hi Glen

1910 census

Jessie is stated as having had 3 children and only 2 living at this time of census.

Annie shown as haiving 4 children and 2 still living

Lizzie (whose married name is not shown even though she is shown as a widow) had 5 children and only 3 still living.

Jessie had Douglas, Doris and Ella (i believe Ella was the youngest).

Annie was the second wife of John Goulson, i only have two children from this marriage but the first marriage for John produced three children, two survived. Wonder if the two stepkids plus the two she had count as the four?

Lizzie married Charles Russell Pinkham (born c1845, died c1902), she died around 1927 but is recorded as Mary Elizabeth, one son Elbert Russell Pinkham but dates unknown ( an Ancestry tree shows him as 1879-1955).

Another tree shows Charles Russell Pinkham but with 12000+ names it could be shared info.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Hi Glen

Just to let you know that according to the earlier census of 1900 Charles and Mary Lizzie Pinkham had the following childrne living with them

John bn 1876*
                  Elbert that you know of 1879
                  and
                  Gertrude? bn 1886

all born California.
                  WendyP

Comment

1930 San Mateo census should show Doris as wife of Antone Vierra, looks like they had at least one daughter from the bmd, in 1920 Antone appears to be unmarried.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

HI Glen

Yes your right Doris had married Antone Vierra when she was aged 22*

Also shown is a son who was shown as bieng age 8 in the 1930 census.
                      Last edited by WendyP; 04-06-08, 20:07.
                      WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
                        Hi Glen

Just to let you know that according to the earlier census of 1900 Charles and Mary Lizzie Pinkham had the following childrne living with them

John bn 1876*
                        Elbert that you know of 1879
                        and
                        Gertrude? bn 1886

all born California.
                        Another John..............aaarrrghhhh :D At least he isn't a Goulson, that would be too confusing.

Thanks again for the info with this little lot, it is opening up a few leads here and there i would have overlooked otherwise. Hopefully i might find a useful contact or two in time.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                        X