Anyone else having trouble with GR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having trouble with GR?

Normally when this site is down I would spend more time on GR - but I can't get that site to load at all this afternoon / evening. Anybody else having problems with it?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Not me Kate, but I have seen quite a few complaints about slowness, white pages etc on there this week.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

No problem here Kate - it's been working OK for me.
      Elaine

Comment

No problem with access but the pages are stretched sideways which I find irritating.

OC

Comment

I've just had a problem-free session examining someone's tree.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

It's working normally for me. In fact people from here were on there earlier while FTF was down.

Comment

ok for me all day...allan
              Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
              oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
              adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
              merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
              coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Glad to hear nobody else is having trouble, but I'm still getting "The page cannot be displayed"! Very annoying, since (a) I still have a load of Hot Matches to go through and (b) my most up-to-date version of my tree is on there and I can't get at it! I do have a copy on my computer but it is a little bit out-of-date and I'd rather not add stuff to that one and then have to remember to add it to my GR one when (if) I get it back. Normally I would make sure to go into the library tomorrow and download my GEDCOM from there (assuming I could get onto the site on the library computer) but since my daughter looks likely to be off school for a few more days still with the chickenpox, maybe not.
                KiteRunner

Comment

I wonder if it's a problem with some ISPs? Heather Positive Thinker hasn't been able to get onto FTF most of the day, and Jilly's posted a message to say that Cheggle's having the same trouble, so it isn't just GR.
                  Last edited by Mary from Italy; 02-06-08, 00:20.

Comment

have you tried getting via the za part of site on gr

Family Tree • Genealogy • Ancestor • Ancestry • Family History
                    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Babs, but I've got back on o.k. this morning anyway.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Kate dont know if you have tried that part of the site put there is no adds just FR and no problems on that one ;;

Comment

I have just got 4 pages of "Hot Matches " and I have no trouble
                          Sheila
                          I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Comment

Babs, I seem to remember using that one before but I can't exactly remember why I stopped using it. I'll remember to try it in future! I was looking for it last night but couldn't remember what it should say at the end!
                            KiteRunner

Comment

Your welcome Kate I use that link in my favorites everytime now ;;

Comment

Working...
                              X