X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage north wales pre 1837

Hi

This is a brick wall for me.

I am looking for a marriage pre 1837 between Daniel Williams and Eleanor/Elenor/Ellen Davies. Known children b 1837 and 1839. No marriage found after 1837.

Daniel bc 1809 Llangower, Merionethshire,
    Elenor bc 1803 Ysgeifiog, Flintshire. Children born Rhosllanercrugrug,
    Denbighshire.

I have their daughter's birth certificate that's how I know it is Eleanor Davies.

Any help gratefully appreciated,

regards
    treesa

The problem is not only do you have relatively common names to look for but at least three possible counties, none of which has marriages on familyhistoryonline.

Have you got this family on any census?
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi

Yes I have, and they are consistent about their birth places. I have found absolutely nothing for a marriage, just hoping that someone may be able to find it. Otherwise it is a dead end unfortunatley.

Comment

Hi treesa,

I found them in 1871 and 1861 but couldn't find them in 1851 or 1841. Do you have them on the earlier censuses? I was wondering if you knew of any earlier children?

Comment

Hi Monty

unfortunatley I couldn't find them on 51, 41 census, they are well hidden I'm afraid. There may well be other children given their ages, but I don't know.

Comment

I;m not sure why not finding their marriage means its a dead end.

A pre-1837 marriage would only give you their names whether or not they were of full age and living in the parish at the time of the marriage. It won't give occupations or father's names.

You have their birthplaces/date from the censuses, which should enable you to find baptisms and hence their parents.

Comment

Hi Treesa,
              Try phoning the record office in Hawarden.01244 532364 They have always been very helpful.
              Since you have Eleanor's year of birth they could look it up for you and give you her parents if you do not have them. Most of the records are transcribed into volumes so it is not a lot of work for them. They may want to charge you but is worth asking.
              Regards
              Jeanie
              If it's to be, it's up to me.
              Searching for:
              English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Hi Jeanie, thanks very much for the phone no. for Hawarden, I will give them a ring.

Little Nell, of course, I can still look for the baptisms, as long as there is only one for the time period I should be ok.

Thanks very much for all your help and advice, very very much appreciated.

regards
                treesa

Comment

Finding them on 1841 would help. According to Genuki GENUKI : Rhosllanerchrugog, St. John Rhosllanerchrugog was formed from other parishes in 1844, but none of the names I put into Ancestry come up.

Had a look at the Denbighshire page on ancestry for 1841
                  1841 Wales Census - Ancestry.co.uk

but can't see any likely enumeration district.

Comment

I've checked Pallot's for the marriage, but I can't see them. Not sure how much Welsh coverage it has, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X