Stonesby Parish church Leicestershire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stonesby Parish church Leicestershire

Can anyone help, I am looking for any contact details for Stonesby parish church I want to be able to look at Stonesby parish records from 1861 to 1870. They have not been deposited in Leicester Archives. The library in Melton Mowbray do not have a copy either.I have an email address for a Rev Starke but it could be old and not in use, as i am not getting a reply.
    Many Thanks

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Is this of any help?
    St Peter's Parish Church - Stonesby - Infolinx
    Elaine

Comment

According to Leicestershire Library website, Stonesby parish records are held at Melton Library:

Parish Registers by Library

this gives details of years covered:
      Parish Registers by Parish

and this is the link to contact Melton Library
      Melton Mowbray Library
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

LDS has some parish records but not for the time you want.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Stonesby Parish record

Thanks for replies I will give church warden a ring.
          I called into Melton library and they did not have them for the period i am looking for, but that was a couple of months ago so i will also give them a ring.
          I am looking for a marriage between Ann Rose and William Alderman between 1861 and 1871 they are not coming up on B.M.Ds and i have trawled though the fiche but no sign. I have them in 1861 census not Married and 1871 census married with two children on it.
          I do not think she had been married before as i have birth cert for the fourth child and her mothers maiden name is Rose

ALAN

Comment

Don't they have them at the Records Office in Wigston?

If you can't get hold of the PRs, the LDS has microfilmed the Bishop's Transcripts, which you can view at one of their centres:

Last edited by Mary from Italy; 01-06-08, 16:24.

Comment

Thanks Mary. They are saying the church still hold the records for the dates i want

ALAN

Comment

Ah, sorry, just realised that the BTs only go up to 1855.

I'm surprised that the church holds onto the records for so long.

I've had a quick look for a marriage, but I can't see anything obvious.

I take it Ann was the Ann Rose living next door to William in 1861? She gives her place of birth as Stonesby, but in 1871 it's somewhere in Yorkshire. Any idea which is correct? I suppose they may not have been married in Stonesby.

Comment

Maybe the number of events is so low that they are still using the same register. Or the Bishop isn't making sure that completed registers are sent to the county archives.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Mary you have the right couple on census page next door to each other .
                    Its Sysonby House just outside Melton Mowbray.
                    As they were both in service i guess they had to leave when they married
                    She also had two sisters and a brother born in Stonesby, One of the sisters went on to run The Fox Inn Stonesby.
                    The two sisters are buried in the churchyard at Stonesby.

ALAN

Comment

Working...
                    X