Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this clutching at too many straws?

Hi

I have found a Thomas Brown in Northumberland as a bookseller (occupation on daughters marriage cert from 1851 says book binder) and is the only Thomas in the entire county to have this occupation. Unfortunatly Ann (the daughter who married in 1851) is down as 2 years old. I cannot find this family in 1851 to see if anything else can be gleamed from that. However the eldest child in 1841 is Thomas aged 12 which is roughly what i would expect Ann to be

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Sounds a bit unlikely to me, sorry.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I did think so, but was hoping it was one of those balls ups that seem to be prevalent!!
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Confused. You've found him as the only bookseller where?
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Have you looked for Ann's baptism?

Comment

sorry on the 1841 census for Northumberland
            Robyne

Comment

Do you know Ann's place and year of birth?
              Elaine

Comment

Other clues on marriage cert? Where did the marriage take place and when exactly? Who were the witnesses? Have you got Ann in 1851 on census?

Comment

in 1891 she is living with her son and is born 1827 in Gateshead, 1871 born 1828 newcastle upon tyne, 1881 born 1826 Newcastle and in 1861 born 1825 in Elswick Northumberland

Ann is listed as living in Manor Chare in Northumberland "full age" but with no occupation. Im pretty sure i have found her in 1851 as a servant, but will go and check. Witnesses were Ann Musgrove (possibly cant see name) and William Liddle
                  Last edited by Lensgirl; 01-06-08, 14:30.
                  Robyne

Comment

1851 this Ann is a servant

HO107; Piece: 2402; Folio: 708; Page: 53
                    Last edited by WendyPusey; 01-06-08, 14:32.
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy, thats a possible as the DOB and place match one of the other census'
                      Robyne

Comment

Working...
                      X