ancestry.com Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestry.com Question..

Is it worth paying to become a member...

WORLD DELUXE MEMBERSHIP
    Annual Only $24.95/month after trial*
    Three Month Only $27.95/month after trial*
    Monthly Only $29.95/month after trial

*Billed in one payment

Does "billed in one payment" mean 1 annual payment... or one payment monthly (not weekly)??
    Last edited by ~Queen.B~; 01-06-08, 04:29. Reason: lol i spelt ancestry wrong but cant fix it
    I’m no genealogist …
    Until this year I spelled it “GeneOlogist!"
    ;)

oh! I get it now... i was having a blond moment lol

annually is one annual payment and the 3 month one is one lump payment aswell DUH
    I’m no genealogist …
    ;)

Comment

If you're only interested in UK and Australian records, it's better to get the UK Heritage membership. The World membership includes US records, but costs a lot more. If you want to sign up for the UK Heritage trial, go to Genealogy, Family Trees and Family History Records online - Ancestry.com.au .

Comment

ah... so Australia is included in the UK membership? I didnt know that thanks!! You have just saved me a lot of money!! ♥
        I’m no genealogist …
        ;)

Comment

I have uploaded my Family tree... will it automatically hide the living persons on it??
          I’m no genealogist …
          ;)

Comment

Hi Q B, sorry don't know your name, if you click on ABC + tick on Quick Reply it will take you to a free spell checker, if you do not have one already.

Comment

Yeah i have one on my google toolbar... just forget to use it sometimes lol
              I’m no genealogist …
              ;)

Comment

I've finally sent you a message.

Comment

I signed up for the worldwide ancestry and they billed me in monthly instalments.

Comment

Hi QB,
                    the UK one only gives you UK stuff with the occasional peak at other things. They had a us military thingy open for a few days.
                    If you want OZ stuff you have to join the heritage part of ancestry.
                    If it's to be, it's up to me.
                    Searching for:
                    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Queen.B~ View Post
                      ah... so Australia is included in the UK membership? I didnt know that thanks!! You have just saved me a lot of money!! ♥
                      No, be careful - it's not included in the normal UK membership.

To get what they call "UK Heritage" membership, which includes Australian records, you have to log in to ancestry.com.au not ancestry.co.uk, and you'll be offered the UK Heritage sub, which costs AUS $150 for a year.

There are no Australian BMD records on Ancestry as far as I know, but it has quite a lot of immigration/convict records, plus some electoral rolls and Sands directory for NSW, which are very useful.

If you log into the co.uk site you'll be offered the UK de luxe membership, which costs £79 (AUS $ 164).
                      Last edited by Mary from Italy; 01-06-08, 15:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                        I signed up for the worldwide ancestry and they billed me in monthly instalments.
                        They charge you more to do that, though. You get a discount if you pay for the whole year at once.

Comment

Thanks Mary... I was in the com.au section. I am now a member there and can get OZ and UK records!
                          I’m no genealogist …
                          ;)

Comment

Great, you should have fun with those

Comment

Working...
                            X