Hicking Pentecost Nottingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hicking Pentecost Nottingham

Hubby's grandfather was a Managing Director at Hicking Pentecost. Apparently he worked his way up through the company. His name was John Mason and he came from a normal background but the only MD's I know of have money and her didn't have any! Does anyone know if there are any interesting records at all?
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

What did they do?

Googled and answered my own question - thread manufacturers, taken over by Coats Viyella.
    Last edited by Uncle John; 31-05-08, 16:29.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Lace manufacturing or dyeing I believe.
      Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Ooh they got done by the European Court in 2005 for operating a cartel.

Comment

Maybe companies house can help. I think they have records of all MD's for Limited Companies (might be worth emailing them to ask)
          Vikki -
          Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

I'd suggest you email Coats Viyella and see if they have a company archivist. And also Nottingham Archives in case they deposited anything there.

Comment

Might also be worth braving a search on A2A &/or TNA's online stuff.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X