Alfred Haines - vanishes after 1841

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfred Haines - vanishes after 1841

I am trying to find out what happened to Alfred Haines. According to the 1841 census he was born in 1832 Parents James Haines & Sophia (Nee Read)

They are at Northampton Street, Islington - HO107; Piece 664; Book: 12; Folio: 18; Page: 31

But he vanishes after 1841, I have found a death for an Alfred Ernest Haines in 1849 at St Pancras. (EDIT - I think I found this Alfred Ernest Haines on the IGI, Born 1848, Bap 1849 St Pancras, So I don't think it is mine, Can anyone see any other possibilities before

I have not yet found his baptism record so I don't know if he was Alfred Something Haines or not.

Thanks
    Last edited by vikki brace; 31-05-08, 14:53.
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Oh and his brother Thomas vanishes after 1841 as well, He is older (b. c1821) he was listed in 1841 as a Chronometer Finisher
    Vikki -

Comment

can't see them so I"m working aorund teh problem

sister Ann G (as per 1851 census) is baptised at ST Lukes Old Street

Peculiarly her birth date is recorded as after her baptism:

Birth: 29 DEC 1825
      Christening: 20 JUN 1824

at a guess they've been transposed or the baptism should 1825 as well - but impossible to know without viewing the originals
      Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Thanks for looking Zoe, the anoying thing is i've been to the LMA, to check that record and it isn't there, I checked 1824-1826. Nothing

The 2 oldest children Sophia and James were baptised at St James, Clerkenwell but not the other children.

I have checked for the other children at the following but nothing.
        St Lukes
        St Leonards
        St James
        My next stop is St Mary, Upper Street as it is the closest church to Northampton Street and is the address given for Emily's birth (youngest child) in 1839
        Vikki -

Comment

I've spent many many an hour scouring ST Mary Islington parish records.

In general they're very good quality and easily readable - but it is the fiche I was using when I fell asleep at the reader at the LMA.
          Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

I am glad they are good quality,
            I had to go through St Matthews, Bethnal green burials while I was there and the quality was absolutely terrible, in fact if it wasn't for my sister I wouldn't have found the one I was looking for. We couldn't even get a ledgable copy.
            Vikki -

Comment

If it helps I have traced James, Sophia, Ann, Ellen and Emily.

My missing are Alfred and Thomas
              Vikki -

Comment

Vikki

This may be a red herring but on the FamilySearch beta site there is an Alfred Haines born Jan 1832 England, in the 1900 US census who emigrated in 1850. Perhaps someone with an Ancestry World sub can find him before that to get some more details.

Jackie
                Jackie

Comment

He's in Lura, Faribault, Minnesota in 1900. He's a farmer with no family.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

have you tried alternative spelling Haynes?
                    ~ with love from Little Nell~
                    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks John and Jackie - I will look into that one some more.

Nell - I have looked for Haines with a Y but nothing is really jumping out as a possible
                      Vikki -

Comment

Working...
                      X