Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think the fathers occupation is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think the fathers occupation is?

Hi

Im desperatly trying to find the parents of a gggg grandmother, but with their surname Brown im not having much luck! Could you take a look at the attached wedding cert and see what you think the father of the brides occuaption is. I think its Bookbinder but i just wanted to check!! should it be bookbinder, is there anything similar that he may have put down as his occupation on the census' (this is all assuming he didnt actually die before 1841!!!)
    Attached Files
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

The image comes up very small - but not so small that I can't see that it looks very like "Bookbinder". I think I might have guessed that, even without being primed by your post. Certainly the beginning looks like "Book" and the rest has the right shape - and a dot for the i - for "binder".

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

oh no it does come up small! and i was going to ask if anyone can make out one of the witnesses names too!!
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

It is Book Binder - i have a few in my family and on census returns they are listed by that occupation

To enlarge it. hold down the Ctrl key and +, then to go back to normal screen size hold down the Ctrl key and -
        Vikki -
        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Witnesses look like William Liddle and the mark x of Ann Musgrove (but not 100% sure)
          bet shes the name you can't make out ;)
          Vikki -
          Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

she is!! i have tried putting into Ancestry Mus* but it doesnt come up with anything plausible!!
            Robyne

Comment

Musgrove or Mansfield. The beginning definitely looks like Mus!
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
              X