Birth certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth certificate

Why has it got a penny stamp on it (1938)? all the other certificates I have don't have one.

That shows it's an original. All legal documents had to pay stamp duty. I remember seeing shop receipts when I was young with a stamp on them.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi James, I notice you are researching the Trotman family. I am a Trotman and I am related to most of the Sunderland Trotmans. At the moment I am researching Phillip Trotman who we believe was mentally handicapped and died in 1943 at the age of 33. I do I believe have a photograph of Phillip and all of the other eleven children George and Janet Trotman had. When I get to grips with this site I may be able to scan some pictures in for you. Regards Keith Trotman. from the South Coast.

Comment

Sorry James what ever made me think you were researching the Trotmans, I note your message to Uncle John of a legal nature. Keith Trotman.

Comment

Hi Keith had me worried for a moment there!!!
          I have had another look and my copies of certificates and GRO seem to add a bit at the bottom

Comment

I think it's wonderful to come across a cert complete with the stamp, Dad loaned me a few certs recently and I was so thrilled to find a stamp!!! I had totally forgotten the whole business of signing across a stamp on legal documents. Brought back all sorts of memories.
            Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Working...
            X