• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English BDM

Are they not online for viewing?? :o
    I’m no genealogist …
    Until this year I spelled it “GeneOlogist!"
    ;)

You can view the index on FreeBMD, but it only goes up to about 1920 so far.

FreeBMD - Search

To view later dates, you have to look at the full index on Ancestry, but it takes a very long time to search.

Did you look at our Wiki as I suggested? You'll find all the answers to your questions there.

Comment

No, the certificates themselves are not online for viewing, and need to be purchased from the General Register Office (GRO) or a local register office.

The reference/index information needed to order a certificate from the GRO can be found at FreeBMD or at Ancestry.co.uk

This link in the Wiki explains how to use the FreeBMD site: Searching the FreeBMD site - Family Tree Forum

And this link explains what you can expect to find on the different certificates, and how to order a certificate from the GRO or a local register office: England and Wales Certificates - Family Tree Forum
      Sarah

Comment

what exactly are you looking for?
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

There are a few parishes with baptism/marriage/burial register images online (of which the Medway City Ark is a great example if you happen to have records to look for in the NE Kent area).

There's also FreeREG which has a limited number of parish register transcriptions.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X