Dahl research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dahl research

Hi all,i am so pleased with the information you have passed onto me and so quick,i have been on ancestry looking at some of the details you passed on to me but it takes me so long.Could you find some information out about Ellen
    Dahl nee Ryan and her family who came from Ireland i know she had 2 children
    before she was Married,a son Dennis in 1913 & a son George abt 1909-10.
    bye Molly.

Hi Molly, do you have the marriage certificate of Ellen Ryan and William Dahl?

Would help a lot to know her age at the time and fathers name.
    Fiona. xx

Comment

Hi Fiona,yes i have it in front of me,my grandmother Ellen was 22 married on 23 jan 1914and her father was George Ryan a mariner (merchant seamen). Molly

Comment

Sorry, doesn't look as though the 1901 census is going to be very helpful.
        There is a daughter Ellen Ryan 12 living with mother Hester who is down as married but there is no father at home to know if he is George or what his occ is. Both Ellen and mother born Ireland.

Can you tell us the address and witnesses names from the certificate.

this is the 1901 for Ellen and Hester.
        RG13; Piece: 3674; Folio: 66; Page: 40
        Fiona. xx

Comment

molly have you looked on the latter day saints site,google ldsfamilysearch,and then put the names and year born and go from there as you can check the family brenda xxx

Comment

on the marriage certificate when they got married both were living at
            27, Byrom terrace, Liverpool,but i do have some info 2 Ellen Ryan,s in the 1901 cencus
            Ellen Ryan aged 9 Upper milk street which sounds right.when i used to visit as a child with the said Ellen her family lived by a dairy hence the name milk street it dounds logical.The district was saint Paul exchange Liverpool Bootle.The other one i found
            was aged ten living with her grandparents at 297 Grafton street Toxteth park st Gabriel
            C.B Dingle i can get so far then i get lost. Molly

Comment

molly add your name to who do you think you are on merrys thread 2nd one down from here then if your chosen you will have a week of more help than you can cope with there fast,brenda xxx

Comment

Ok Bren i will do that. Molly

Comment

Might be a good idea to add your name to the June one as well Molly.
                  Elaine

Comment

ok.Molly

Comment

There is always a chance that if Ellen was born in Ireland she could have come to the UK after 1901.

What were the witnesses names on the marriage certificate.
                      Fiona. xx

Comment

witnesses names on marriage certificate are P. Smith & M.O.Brien hope this helps,

Molly

Comment

molly sent you the lds site,hope this helps you brenda xxx

Comment

ok Bren thanks i,ll have a look now. Molly

Comment

Working...
                            X